Christmas jelly bean leak

fahszybear

Reaction score
Hi guys will the people that got the Christmas jelly bean leak still get the ota jelly bean that is rolling out this month

Krenzy

Reaction score
This has been addressed in many different threads, but yes they will.

ryanD

Reaction score
Any word on when? Seems like much of the east coast hasn't received the ota, from what I've seen.

JohnFH

Reaction score
OTAs are sent out based on IMEI numbers, not by geographical location.

Sent from my DROID RAZR running 4.1.2

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Also, soak test isn't done yet. You can side-load if you wish, but OTA is not officially released yet.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
Also, soak test isn't done yet. You can side-load if you wish, but OTA is not officially released yet.

I'm totally confused.
I was corrected in another thread when I told a poster that "only Moto. Feedback Network users were getting the JB update to soak test." The correcting poster informed me that "The JB OTA update has been sent to non soak testers."
Who has Moto. actually sent JB to?

rpdonaldrazr

Reaction score
I'm totally confused.
I was corrected in another thread when I told a poster that "only Moto. Feedback Network users were getting the JB update to soak test." The correcting poster informed me that "The JB OTA update has been sent to non soak testers."
Who has Moto. actually sent JB to?

Moto announced on either Thursday that this was the actual roll out. They are doing it in waves. DROID RAZR & DROID RAZR MAXX by Motorola receive Android? 4.1 Jelly Bean | The Official Motorola Blog - Motorola Mobility, Inc. USA

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Moto announced on either Thursday that this was the actual roll out. They are doing it in waves. DROID RAZR & DROID RAZR MAXX by Motorola receive Android? 4.1 Jelly Bean | The Official Motorola Blog - Motorola Mobility, Inc. USA

Rpdonaldrazr, nobody is in disagreement with the fact of the announcement, however that announcement is covering all razrs across as many as 8 or more carriers and not only domestic but also overseas. It only makes the claim that the push to razrs has started, but doesn't say it has started pushing to Verizon subscribers, specifically.

In other words, don't get too excited as it could be days or longer before the full push to Verizon subscribers takes place. Also, they still have to come up with a way to deal with the ones who were pushed (or side-loaded), the Christmas Eve Jelly Bean leak. They can't just push one version out as it will fail for some. They will need to know who has what version on their phones.

As a few of those on the soak have reported, there are two versions of the soak upgrade, one that will only install over the stock .211 Ice Cream Sandwich (98.72.8), and the other which will only install over the stock .215 Jelly Bean leak (98.72.16). There was a survey sent to soak participants so they could determine which version needed to be pushed to those soak participants.

If the .8 is sent to the Jelly Bean .215 owners, it will fail. If the .16 version is pushed to the Ice Cream Sandwich .211 owners, it will fail. So it would appear that there has to be a similar or alternative process developed to deal with this problem.

xtor

Reaction score
Rpdonaldrazr, nobody is in disagreement with the fact of the announcement, however that announcement is covering all razrs across as many as 8 or more carriers and not only domestic but also overseas. It only makes the claim that the push to razrs has started, but doesn't say it has started pushing to Verizon subscribers, specifically.

In other words, don't get too excited as it could be days or longer before the full push to Verizon subscribers takes place. Also, they still have to come up with a way to deal with the ones who were pushed (or side-loaded), the Christmas Eve Jelly Bean leak. They can't just push one version out as it will fail for some. They will need to know who has what version on their phones.

As a few of those on the soak have reported, there are two versions of the soak upgrade, one that will only install over the stock .211 Ice Cream Sandwich (98.72.8), and the other which will only install over the stock .215 Jelly Bean leak (98.72.16). There was a survey sent to soak participants so they could determine which version needed to be pushed to those soak participants.

If the .8 is sent to the Jelly Bean .215 owners, it will fail. If the .16 version is pushed to the Ice Cream Sandwich .211 owners, it will fail. So it would appear that there has to be a similar or alternative process developed to deal with this problem.

So there's a jb apdate for 215?

2nd Amendment

rpdonaldrazr

Reaction score

My bad! Moto's blog post seems pretty vague when I read it a second time. So has anyone heard if anyone, anywhere in the world has received the OTA?

Its so quiet out there....