christmas jellybean to new jell bean?

wvdroidman

Reaction score
I have the christmas jelly bean leak and it is rooted. How can I upgrade to the official jelly bean?

Redsnk95

Reaction score
The manual update file is available on Droid Life. Not sure if you have to be unrooted to install. Probably just need to do a temp unroot, install and then reroot.

OP
W

wvdroidman

Reaction score
do I use the droid razr utility to unroot? Also where can I tell if I have the .215 and if so can I still upgrade?

Redsnk95

Reaction score
I thought you said you had the christmas leak?

Go to System Settings -> About phone. Give us the System Version and Android Version.

Redsnk95

Reaction score
OP
W

wvdroidman

Reaction score
I don't really care about root. Does the update come with circles widgets?

ryanD

Reaction score
On the Christmas leak and still haven't gotten my OTA. I'd rather wait for the ota for right now.. anybody else still not get the ota? NYC metro area

rherron

Reaction score
OTA had still not pushed to Columbia, SC area so I went ahead and manually updated my wife's DROID RAZR. Did mine yesterday.

If you want the circles clock/weather thing on your original RAZR you just have to be willing to use the RAZR M launcher instead of the original RAZR launcher. You can DL all of it here: DroidViews | Motorola Razr M Launcher and Circle Clock Widget for All Android Phones

Instructions are on the site. I did it, and it worked fine, and it sure is pretty, but I didn't like the RAZR M launcher as, when you swipe to go to the screen to the left of your home screen, it opens your settings. My dislike of that aspect of the launcher was greater than my like of the widget, so I uninstalled it all. No issues. BTW, if you've upgraded to JB already you won't need to install the HomeConfig.apk file. If you do it will tell you that you've already gotten it, or something to that effect. I cannot remember the exact phrase. Don't worry.

JohnFH

Reaction score
OTAs are sent out based on IMEI numbers, not by geographical location.

Sent from my DROID RAZR running 4.1.2