Talk about a slow phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

captdroid

Reaction score
Take the phone back. This phone is certainly not slow with lag.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
N

nadav64

Reaction score
I would take it back but I ordered this phone from a store in the us and then shipped it to me in Israel.
And samsung hasn't yet brought these phones to Israel

ntrddragn

Reaction score
did you check your animation like some of us suggested? its in setting,developer options and then towards the bottom. default should be 1x

OP
N

nadav64

Reaction score
did you check your animation like some of us suggested? its in setting,developer options and then towards the bottom. default should be 1x

it is on 1.
Could it be that the clock in the middle of the screen is making me lag because when ever I press the home button I can see the lag.

x25064

Reaction score
The problem is that I didn't buy it from a real store I bought it online in the us and I live in israel I shipped the phone in and now I don't know what to do and I find it hard to believe that all of you guys are lag free.

We all are. While mine had minor lag compared to the sgs2, 4.0.3 and a nice rom cleared it up perfectly. Believe it or not my phone is smoother than an iPhone 4s. You have a defective unit. Sounds like a bad flash when your nexus was updated to 4.0.2.

The home button lag from one screen to your main screen is an ICS problem. The only roms I know which remedy this problem are Axiom and Rootzboat.

Also: are you using a launcher or a live wallpaper?

OP
N

nadav64

Reaction score
We all are. While mine had minor lag compared to the sgs2, 4.0.3 and a nice rom cleared it up perfectly. Believe it or not my phone is smoother than an iPhone 4s. You have a defective unit. Sounds like a bad flash when your nexus was updated to 4.0.2.

The home button lag from one screen to your main screen is an ICS problem. The only roms I know which remedy this problem are Axiom and Rootzboat.

Also: are you using a launcher or a live wallpaper?

Wow I'm not using any live wallpaper and no launcher .today I will call Samsung and see what I can do .

x25064

Reaction score
Wow I'm not using any live wallpaper and no launcher .today I will call Samsung and see what I can do .

If they won't send a new device then just root the one you have and flash a rom. Problem solved.

OP
N

nadav64

Reaction score
If they won't send a new device then just root the one you have and flash a rom. Problem solved.

are you sure the problem isn't with hardware.

Imprisoned

Reaction score
are you sure the problem isn't with hardware.

As you seen in my thread I was having issues also, but after factory reset everything seems fine so far.

Did you do the reset where u press both up and down on the volume and the power button at the same time?

I was on phone with tech support and they walked me through it. U have to select options with the volume buttons. It's like reformatting a PC the tech told me, it also took twice as long as a factory reset in the settings menu.

OP
N

nadav64

Reaction score
As you seen in my thread I was having issues also, but after factory reset everything seems fine so far.

Did you do the reset where u press both up and down on the volume and the power button at the same time?

I was on phone with tech support and they walked me through it. U have to select options with the volume buttons. It's like reformatting a PC the tech told me, it also took twice as long as a factory reset in the settings menu.

But then doesn't it delete the os?

Status
Not open for further replies.