Razr Maxx lag - getting unbearable!

2razrmaxx

Reaction score
Thanks! Works great... Only thing I know that doesn't work well is mms
Stock works but all my classes 10.2 and cm11 have issues... I can't seem to find the answer. I've tried everything I've seen on line to no avail

Thanks again for all the help.

I hope everyone has a great Christmas!!

TheWitness

Reaction score
I was looking at Cyanogen on Wikipedia, and it mentioned that version 11 is Kitkat 4.4.x buy after upgrading to the latest nightly (when I saw your post), it said 4.3.1. what's yours? I'm on my stock ROM right now.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Taptalk 4

4.3.1 because 4.4.2 (kitkat) has gone too far and a few things aren't working at the moment like WiFi which I need for tethering day in and day out. The 10.2-M1 release is the only 10.2 left on the web site. Good luck!

2razrmaxx

Reaction score
I'm on cm11. 12/24 nightly... I just now see a 12/25 is out...I'll get it after this message.

I'm mostly satisfied... Its smooth and fast. My only gripe is MMS is problematic... I have not used car dock and such but maps works. So far do good. If I could get MMS to work seamlessly I'd be set. Stock MMS works great but all cms of 10.2 and 11 don't... I also had the same issues with pacman and eclipse... Must be my phone?

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
I'm on cm11. 12/24 nightly... I just now see a 12/25 is out...I'll get it after this message.

I'm mostly satisfied... Its smooth and fast. My only gripe is MMS is problematic... I have not used car dock and such but maps works. So far do good. If I could get MMS to work seamlessly I'd be set. Stock MMS works great but all cms of 10.2 and 11 don't... I also had the same issues with pacman and eclipse... Must be my phone?

Do you have/use the car dock? I have the car dock and HD Station, but they would not duck with CM 10.2, and that is the main (well, only) reason I stopped using CM. I'd be curious to see if it works in the latest nightly. If so, I'd go back to it, myself. Let me know.

2razrmaxx

Reaction score
I don't use car dock so don't know... However... Cm11 12/25 nightly seems to have fixed my MMS issue

Danny123

Reaction score
I had this exact same issue and I wanted to take a sledgehammer to the phone. Clearing cache or restarting phone didn't work. I installed Nova Launcher and lo and behold! no more lag AT ALL. I also deleted a bunch of apps prior to this, but the lag was still bad, I still have a bunch of apps on and the phone runs as quickly as when I first bought it. Good luck!

My maxx was becoming sooo unresponsive (took forever to open apps, home screen looked like it was rebooting all the time). I was at the point of fdr'ing but I tried out nova launcher. Totally worked! And, not sure if this is just a coincidence but my battery seems to have improved a little bit too. Solid recommendation as an alternate to FDR.

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
My maxx was becoming sooo unresponsive (took forever to open apps, home screen looked like it was rebooting all the time). I was at the point of fdr'ing but I tried out nova launcher. Totally worked! And, not sure if this is just a coincidence but my battery seems to have improved a little bit too. Solid recommendation as an alternate to FDR.

To each and his/her own, but I tried Autokiller Memory Optimizer. I'm using the Go NEXT Launcher. Works ok. It isn't snappy like a newer phone, but it's functional. I paid enough for the NEXT Launcher so I'm keeping it. My phone was at the point of being unresponsive until I got Aautokill Memory Optimizer. I also use Juice Defender Ultimate.

TDL1068

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I'm having some really bad lag issues with a stock phone. After reading all the comments it doesn't sound like any one thing has been identified as the culprit. I had no problems with lag until just a couple weeks ago. Started to uninstall apps I most recently installed and 'thought' I found the violators. Just a day later I'm having lag issues at random times. Usually just navigating the home screens and SMS/MMS stock text app. Do you all think that it's MotoBlur? If so why would it just start acting up? Does it auto-update over night or at other times to newer and potentially buggier versions? I'm going crazy trying to identity what is causing the issue. Also, does anyone think that Norton Mobile Security (full version) could cause the lag? I saw that the Moderator thought so, but I've had that installed for over a year. Any feedback would be very helpful. Thanks.

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
I'm having some really bad lag issues with a stock phone. After reading all the comments it doesn't sound like any one thing has been identified as the culprit. I had no problems with lag until just a couple weeks ago. Started to uninstall apps I most recently installed and 'thought' I found the violators. Just a day later I'm having lag issues at random times. Usually just navigating the home screens and SMS/MMS stock text app. Do you all think that it's MotoBlur? If so why would it just start acting up? Does it auto-update over night or at other times to newer and potentially buggier versions? I'm going crazy trying to identity what is causing the issue. Also, does anyone think that Norton Mobile Security (full version) could cause the lag? I saw that the Moderator thought so, but I've had that installed for over a year. Any feedback would be very helpful. Thanks.

I've never had Norton installed on my phone, not sure why anyone would need it, but hey, that's me.

Have you tried AutoKiller Memory Optimizer? https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rs.autokiller

See if that works for you, set it to the highest settings (Ultimate). It works for me. Not sure if you have to be rooted or not. I am. My phone doesn't respond the very moment I tap it, there is some delay to get it going, but it's only about a half of a second. If you go this route, take into consideration that it might kill your Norton task. There might be a way to exclude that but I haven't messed with those settings.

TDL1068

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Thanks for the tip Joshskorn. I'll check it out.

Ferrett

Reaction score
If you ever had a Norton product on your PC, you would see how much it slows the OS. Remove that, guessing your speed comes back...not sure why you would need it anyway.

drunkclever

Reaction score
I started having severe lag issues as well. I did notice under the running apps tab that Facebook and a few others were hogging thing up. I also notice that even though I had stopped the service after a little while it starts back up. Facebook was huge... but location services was higher. I unchecked the show notification box and when to town. Now after a few hours they turn on.

Damned things don't want to stay off. I thought android stops programs once you have stopped using them. Where am I going wrong?

Edit: why does the home screen favs contact app need 47 mb of ram?

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk