New Aug 2012 Verizon Razr Maxx camera locking up....*NO* fix,.,,tried everything

johngalt1962

Reaction score
I have a new Aug 2012 Droid Razr Maxx with ICS and the camera, and anything that uses the camera just causes it to lock up
I tried different camera apps, different ways to store the media card vs phone, factory hard reset, Verizon help desk, Motorola help desk, clearing cache....
Uninstalling programs,..
Many things, sometimes just the phone just sitting there for a while, work for a pic or two...but nothing...and I mean NOTHING works to fix this problem.

Any ideas....?

Thanks
Forrest
About to take OXY/Acet torch to phone and post on YouTube

OP
johngalt1962

johngalt1962

Reaction score
What happens is the phone freezes or locks up, and does not respond and eventually gives a "Camera not responding" message
Camera ICS gives camera hardware not responding message and eventually if I keep trying, when the camera icon is pushed, it just flashes a black screen for a second and goes back to the homepage

FyrJammer

Reaction score
johngalt1962 said:
What happens is the phone freezes or locks up, and does not respond and eventually gives a "Camera not responding" message
Camera ICS gives camera hardware not responding message and eventually if I keep trying, when the camera icon is pushed, it just flashes a black screen for a second and goes back to the homepage

Did you get it with ICS pre-installed or did you do the OTA update?
If pre-installed take it back get another, if OTA gonna have to find a way to"undo" it and re-update. Otherwise, how do you feel about flashing sbf?

OP
johngalt1962

johngalt1962

Reaction score
I am curious about rooting,...in answer to you question

I had ICS from the beginnig, but it did an update without my permission almost immiediatly

If you mean am I willing to root the phone to fix it, sure,...how do I do this?
FLashing SBF means rooting, right?
I know nothing about this

School me

Forrest

Did you get it with ICS pre-installed or did you do the OTA update?
If pre-installed take it back get another, if OTA gonna have to find a way to"undo" it and re-update. Otherwise, how do you feel about flashing sbf?

YellowJacket

Reaction score
Since its a brand new phone, take it back to verizon and get another. Sounds like a bad camera. You should have a 14 day return.

David

OP
johngalt1962

johngalt1962

Reaction score
Bought it over website,,verizon,,,,they want me to BUY another

and then get refunded...

AND their supervisor will not call me back

Forrest

YellowJacket

Reaction score
IMHO, rooting will NOT fix your problem. It sounds like a hardware issue and the phone needs to be replaced. Is there a local verizon store you can take it to?

David

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
IMHO, rooting will NOT fix your problem. It sounds like a hardware issue and the phone needs to be replaced. Is there a local verizon store you can take it to?

David

I agree....return it. Rooting will not fix this. If a FDR didn't fix it, I wouldn't bother with flashing a sbf (not rooting btw) or anything else. This does sound hardware related and is actually covered for 1yr. Return it within 14 days and you should get a new, not a refurb.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

FyrJammer

Reaction score
YellowJacket said:

David

I agree also, i was giving other possibilities just in case he's beyond 14 day window. My apologies if I misinform.

OP
johngalt1962

johngalt1962

Reaction score
Right at 14 day window, and Verizon screwed my by sending me (Thursday--tomorrow) a renewed phone...
At least it will probably not have the same problem, as not a bunch of people are saying the same thing.
I hate Verizon

Forrest

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Tap on the camera app, now quickly Go Into manage apps, all, camera, clear data, force close. Reboot the phone.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Then since you already tried an fdr... if this doesn't work... return the device.. like they^^ suggested.

OP
johngalt1962

johngalt1962

Reaction score
Fail! Locks up as soon as the image appears, before I can even touch anything.
But thanks anyway,,,,
We will see about the new one tomorrow
Forrest

FyrJammer

Reaction score
johngalt1962 said:
Right at 14 day window, and Verizon screwed my by sending me (Thursday--tomorrow) a renewed phone...
At least it will probably not have the same problem, as not a bunch of people are saying the same thing.
I hate Verizon

Forrest

Sorry to hear that. Verizon does suck at giving new replacements. But hopefully you won't have the same problem.