Razr Maxx lag - getting unbearable!

Danny123

Reaction score
I'm having some really bad lag issues with a stock phone. After reading all the comments it doesn't sound like any one thing has been identified as the culprit. I had no problems with lag until just a couple weeks ago. Started to uninstall apps I most recently installed and 'thought' I found the violators. Just a day later I'm having lag issues at random times. Usually just navigating the home screens and SMS/MMS stock text app. Do you all think that it's MotoBlur? If so why would it just start acting up? Does it auto-update over night or at other times to newer and potentially buggier versions? I'm going crazy trying to identity what is causing the issue. Also, does anyone think that Norton Mobile Security (full version) could cause the lag? I saw that the Moderator thought so, but I've had that installed for over a year. Any feedback would be very helpful. Thanks.

For me I thought it was motoblur too. I'm pretty convinced the google search update was the beginning of the decline for me. And the home screen would constantly refresh, driving me nuts. So I tried Nova launcher and I think because it essentially replaces blur, the whole experience has improved significantly (not like brand spanking new, but much better). I figured if it didn't work well, I'll just uninstall and FDR. But so far, have been ok for a few weeks now. YMMV.