New Aug 2012 Verizon Razr Maxx camera locking up....*NO* fix,.,,tried everything

OP
johngalt1962

johngalt1962

Reaction score
OK
Resolution was to give me a refurbished phone for my new one, as Verizon sucks, as noted

Relevant to the problem is that the camera now works, ans even with many programs installed seems to continue to work

Question, are camera related programs like face recognition and bar-code scanners more prone to cause problems with the camera as it seems....I say SEEMS like my original camera problem manifested itself after the installation of these other camera related programs and I am a little skittish to install these again, but this does limit the utility of my phone.
Or, is it more likely, because even a factory reset or three, would not restore the camera, that it was just a hardware issue that took its time to manifest and that I should drive on and install what I want?
Thanks
Forrest

jaybogg

Reaction score
OK
Resolution was to give me a refurbished phone for my new one, as Verizon sucks, as noted

Relevant to the problem is that the camera now works, ans even with many programs installed seems to continue to work

Question, are camera related programs like face recognition and bar-code scanners more prone to cause problems with the camera as it seems....I say SEEMS like my original camera problem manifested itself after the installation of these other camera related programs and I am a little skittish to install these again, but this does limit the utility of my phone.
Or, is it more likely, because even a factory reset or three, would not restore the camera, that it was just a hardware issue that took its time to manifest and that I should drive on and install what I want?
Thanks
Forrest

Hard to say but I favor "hardware issue". Never tried face recognition, Afraid I would break the camera!!:biggrin: No problem with barcodes and QR's though.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
A camera issue is one of the less common issues.. i'd day it was definitely hardware...

My wife uses "out of milk" and a few other grocery scanning apps, all the time. Never an issue.