Swype beta 5612 expired?

bhall238

Reaction score
I can't see what version it is, but I got the email saying the beta had opened again and I just installed it and so far I think it's pretty neat, but I do have a slight problem. It may have been brought up before (I missed it if so) but is anyone else slightly concerned about the "This input method may be able to collect all the text you type, including personal data like passwords and credit card numbers" message you get during installation? I am a little put off by it. Where is that message generated from?

I may go back to the android keyboard when entering that kind of information. What do you all think?

razorseal

Reaction score
for the life of me, I can't get this thing to work!!!!!

it installs and all, but when I 'swipe' across the screen nothing happens!!! it's on like 'limited' use or something?

you have to enable swype in the settings/language and keyboard there you can configure the swype settings. then to enable all of your text typing apps to use swype you need to press and hold on the text field of the app then select input method/swype, then you can use swype to type

no **** lol.... swiping isn't working. it works like a normal keyboard

mach330

Reaction score
is slideIT better than shapewriter?

i registered for the new beta release and for some reason it says my phone is not android. wtf. anyone else can't download it from the email that was sent?

razorseal

Reaction score
for the life of me, I can't get this thing to work!!!!!

it installs and all, but when I 'swipe' across the screen nothing happens!!! it's on like 'limited' use or something?

you have to enable swype in the settings/language and keyboard there you can configure the swype settings. then to enable all of your text typing apps to use swype you need to press and hold on the text field of the app then select input method/swype, then you can use swype to type

is slideIT better than shapewriter?

i registered for the new beta release and for some reason it says my phone is not android. wtf. anyone else can't download it from the email that was sent?

you on dolphin browser? it's doing that because my dolphin in the settings was showing it as a desktop, so.... make sure in dolphin settings you have that thing set to android

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I can't see what version it is, but I got the email saying the beta had opened again and I just installed it and so far I think it's pretty neat, but I do have a slight problem. It may have been brought up before (I missed it if so) but is anyone else slightly concerned about the "This input method may be able to collect all the text you type, including personal data like passwords and credit card numbers" message you get during installation? I am a little put off by it. Where is that message generated from?

I may go back to the android keyboard when entering that kind of information. What do you all think?

Don't worry about it. It's simply a legal cya. In fact, the stock android keyboard can also "collect all the text you type, including personal data like passwords and credit cards." All input software has that sort of language buried either in the license or as an explicit warning.