Swype beta 5612 expired?

rfriel

Reaction score
seriously?

that's right, so for HE** sakes just don't do it (swype, that is) LOL WATCH YOUR BAK TOO

i installed the .apk on rooted device from droidthing, turned out to be the same as swype installer, oopps, that's a NO NO, don't do it man.....

bet you didn't know it, but the world would end without swype..... just take note

Last edited:

dave.cox

Reaction score
Woo Hoo! It works again!

The new install was kind of a pain, and did not go seamlessly, but finally got it in, and now I am in business again. Woo Hoo!

rfriel

Reaction score
did you install from swyper installer or

Woo Hoo! It works again!

The new install was kind of a pain, and did not go seamlessly, but finally got it in, and now I am in business again. Woo Hoo!

from a downloaded apk file on rooted device? what is your version #

thumper300zx

Reaction score
Swype is awesome. I'd pay for it. I do wish they could include the voice input thinger on their keyboard :) (or am I missing something and it IS there :))

thumper300zx

Reaction score

That happened to me too, but that was because I clicked on the link on my computer. Assuming you go to that link reading the email from your Droid it should come up correctly.

That's the link -- but you do need to LOGIN to download the actual program (Swype Installer), so you need to register anyway.

Then you go through Swype Installer...but for me:

I keep trying to install and it gives me this error "Application not installed". Then it tries to register anyway, and then says "Installation of application failed."

Last edited:

razorseal

Reaction score
for the life of me, I can't get this thing to work!!!!!

it installs and all, but when I 'swipe' across the screen nothing happens!!! it's on like 'limited' use or something?

dave.cox

Reaction score
I agree, this is a really awesome app. Personally, I am usually in environments where voice input doesn't work well for me, which is one reason why I really like Swype. And I too would be more than willing to pay for it.

Razorseal, it sounds like you may have an expired beta version. Once a beta version expires, it looks like it works, but it refuses to input any text into your text fields.

Dave

thumper300zx

Reaction score
There are additional hints to overcome this problem on the swype website forum. Specifically, it appears that if some background apps are running the background it can interfere with the installation of Swype. One user reported uninstalling ATK and solving the problem, for example.

And from the Swype beta manager comes this...

"Sorry to hear you're having trouble. A small percentage of users are having the installer process killed by a greedy system activity manager before the installation is finished, thus resulting in the errors you've seen. Please try the install steps in this order:
1) Uninstall both Swype and SwypeInstaller from your device
2) Reboot your device
3) Close as many widgets from your desktop as possible
4) Download the SwypeInstaller
5) Use a task-manager to kill all non-essential running apps
6) Install and run the SwypeInstaller
Let me know if that works for you!

i tried but to no avail. ill just wait til tomr morning...

Same issue -- but I haven't tried closing Widgets, yet. Will try that.

I purged ALL TRACES of Swype I could find (using Root Explorer), rebooted, and tried, and it didn't work. Will try again.

Nope -- no luck.

Gonna try re-installing ROM and installing Swype. -- THAT WORKED !!!!!!

There must be some trace on Skype if already installed.

Last edited:

bhughesiii

Reaction score
I just went to the swype website and it said beta was open again. I just registered.

chrisnoxid

Reaction score
This has nothing to do with swype 5612 but seems the mods are closing all the other swype threads......

Getting the new beta to work after editing and signing isn't working for me. I can get it to install and show up for typing then immediately force closes.. ??

snappingfish

Reaction score
Hey...I got mine!

why do they waste my time filling out a beta applications, if they're NOT going to send a link? The instructions don't mention waiting hours or days... WTF, these guys are really playing the GOD card here, can't wait till someone puts them outta business. Greed and Profit stand in the way of TRUE INGENUITY and until we dismantle the federal reserve system, we'll just keep getting sht on every step of the way...

It works GREAT! :yeahbaby01:

scalo

Reaction score
for the life of me, I can't get this thing to work!!!!!

it installs and all, but when I 'swipe' across the screen nothing happens!!! it's on like 'limited' use or something?

you have to enable swype in the settings/language and keyboard there you can configure the swype settings. then to enable all of your text typing apps to use swype you need to press and hold on the text field of the app then select input method/swype, then you can use swype to type