Swype beta 5612 expired?

metsnfins

Reaction score
so it's available to everyone tomorrow or only if you are on the email list?

snappingfish

Reaction score
whats the whine about?

so it's available to everyone tomorrow or only if you are on the email list?

I haven't been watching, but I just an hour ago got an email from swype asking me to join the beta group?! So I dl'd it, and it seems to run fine so far. What am I missing?

wogfun

Reaction score
Swype developers can eat me

why do they waste my time filling out a beta applications, if they're NOT going to send a link? The instructions don't mention waiting hours or days... WTF, these guys are really playing the GOD card here, can't wait till someone puts them outta business. Greed and Profit stand in the way of TRUE INGENUITY and until we dismantle the federal reserve system, we'll just keep getting sht on every step of the way...

bowhuntr09

Reaction score
why do they waste my time filling out a beta applications, if they're NOT going to send a link? The instructions don't mention waiting hours or days... WTF, these guys are really playing the GOD card here, can't wait till someone puts them outta business. Greed and Profit stand in the way of TRUE INGENUITY and until we dismantle the federal reserve system, we'll just keep getting sht on every step of the way...

Signed up last night, never got an email, tried logging in...it worked. Don't wait on an email, just try logging in with the email address and password you specified when you signed up.

rfriel

Reaction score
did a google search and found swype beta

i followed all the suggestions and comments do's and don'ts on this thread and VOILA, i have the new swype beta even though i'm not on the swype beta email list. i hope swype 1.56.30.7625 does not have a pre-dtermined expiration date, that would suck if it does. but i have to put all my new words into the list again, anyone have a way to transfer the saved new words from the old version beta to new version beta of swype, i put about 200 new words into the previous beta version and now they're gone.:icon_evil: this new version of swype is almost 7MB!! WOW, the old beta was 1.5MB, BIG difference?? is this right? anyone know

Last edited:

wlrottge

Reaction score
I got lucky and got put into the Beta last night!! dancedroid

I don't see any difference between the two versions but this one seems to get the words right even better.

Reaction score
So, can someone explain this to me, since I am not a developer and not familiar with the reasoning behind all this.

Do they not want swype on the moto droid for some reason?

Why do they not just put swype as an app for sale on the market and quit screwing around?

And why has no one found a way to defeat the "expiration" on these beta downloads after 6-7 months of them being released?

Just so I am clear on this...there is no working version of swype currently available to NON ROOTED people who are not on the beta invitiation list...correct?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
This is what happens to beta apps/programs. The dev can pull it at anytime, change expiration dates or pull it all together from being in a beta.

I am sure they will release it for purchase when they feel it's ready.

rfriel

Reaction score
can anyone tell me the

I got lucky and got put into the Beta last night!! dancedroid

I don't see any difference between the two versions but this one seems to get the words right even better.

complete version # of the new updated swype beta using the swype installer. i got my version from another source and want to confirm i have the real swype beta updated version, thanksdancedroid

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So, can someone explain this to me, since I am not a developer and not familiar with the reasoning behind all this.

Do they not want swype on the moto droid for some reason?

Why do they not just put swype as an app for sale on the market and quit screwing around?

And why has no one found a way to defeat the "expiration" on these beta downloads after 6-7 months of them being released?

Just so I am clear on this...there is no working version of swype currently available to NON ROOTED people who are not on the beta invitiation list...correct?

This has all been said before, but....

Discussing how to hack someone's software will get you banned from here. How software is released it is up to those who develop it. They have a business plan, it is theirs to implement how they see fit. You'd expect the same courtesy for something you owned and wanted to sell.

Swype is not legally available to anyone not on their beta program. The software works fine on rooted and non-rooted phones.

Their business model is to sell the app to manufacturers of phones, not to end users of phones.

rfriel

Reaction score
as of today, swype beta is for

EVERYONE..... including my dog, what's all this talk about being banned for something that is being given out like candy...... everyone get's beta, maybe everyone should be banned...... now i'm confusing myself.:icon_evil:

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
For reference sake, here's a guide to the various versions of Swype. Numbers refer to the last 4 digits of version number.

Original "leaked" version. An evaluation copy that made it onto the internet last October or so. Expired in February, I believe. The "official" beta was released at that time.

"5612": A "beta" version with bugs that was superseded within about 24 hours by the next version, "5625." 5612 was also circulated and widely available on the internet. It expired a few days ago.

"5625": The first "official" beta release available to those participating in the beta program. May have been available through other channels, but not widely circulated. Otherwise, it was available only through the Swype beta program.

"7625": The current beta version that was made available to official beta testers over the last 10 days or so and is now available to others who sign up for the beta program at www.swype.com.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
EVERYONE..... including my dog, what's all this talk about being banned for something that is being given out like candy...... everyone get's beta, maybe everyone should be banned...... now i'm confusing myself.:icon_evil:

Seriously?

There is an official source for Swype software. At the time of this posting it is the Swype installer program available on their website. Unofficial sources are just that: unofficial.

Any unofficial sources for any software posted on these forums, or requested of others here, can results in actions up to and including you getting banned. Simple as that.