New Swype Beta!

Status
Not open for further replies.

billyk

Reaction score
A new version of the Swype Beta is out. Here are the improvements...

Added better context sensitivity for the “magic button” (go/search/enter/smiley)
Added automatic apostrophe insertion for contractions (e.g. won't, don't, wasn't, etc)
Added the Italian language dictionary
Improved sensing of field type to prevent the display and addition of passwords to the UDB (user dictionary)
Improved suppression of auto-spacing in fields such as URLs and email addresses
Updated the built-in dictionary to include several common words that were previously missing
Rewrote some settings descriptions to be more clear on their functionality
Fixed licensing issue causing “Limited Functionality” errors when rebooting devices running Android 2.0 and later
Fixed licensing issue causing some users to receive an “Incorrect ID” error when installing Swype
Fixed a bug where manually typing some words with word-prediction enabled would cause Swype to crash
Fixed a bug which caused some words added to the UDB to erroneously override other words when word-prediction is enabled
Many other minor bug fixes!

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I got an email and it wouldnt install.

No problem installing on my Droid. Assuming you followed the directions, login to the Swype website and let them know.

P.S. Be sure to uninstall your previous Swype installer app by "Menu>Settings>Applications>ManageApplications>Filter:ALL" and then uninstalling BOTH the installer and the Swype application.

pkdesigns

Reaction score
If I just signed up for the beta program, do I have any hope at all of getting it anytime soon? :p

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
i just went to the site logged in and downloaded the new version on froyo ... installed and is working just fine.

OP
B

billyk

Reaction score
Installed it right before posting here a couple of hours ago. Works great. I need to explore the new features though.

Installed without a hitch. You need to be a part of the Beta, and it's distributed via email to the Beta members.

tommyz

Reaction score
Before I install this new beta... Can anyone tell me if they added the " Talk to Text " button?

Status
Not open for further replies.