Swype getting worse?

JimmyD

Reaction score
try slideit

Ughh.... I tried SlideIt for about 4 days and couldn't stand it compared to Swype. :(

It has potential, but it's just too cumbersome in my opinion compared to the experience I have have with Swype. SlideIt could be better if tey incorporated some of the features that Swype has, like the ability to capitalize the first letter of a word just by sliding your finger up above the keyboard box before selecting the first letter.

Blayzejlm

Reaction score
Im right there with you guys. want/wasn't problem and everything. Official beta member since the beginning and its just been getting worse.

orizzle

Reaction score
I finally got so sick of the new beta (v1.52), I did some digging and found a way to extend beta build 5612 (the good one) indefinitely. Let me know if there's still an interest of getting Swype working the way it used to.

skaman9876

Reaction score
I was reading into the release notes on the update for swype.... that is where the problem is coming from. They tried to "fix" some of the overlap words and some of the swype "definitions" to "improve" functionality, but it is just causing some of us (definitely me, OG Beta tester) to have problems swyping certain words that were never a problem before. Failure. Hopefully they get the feedback that a majority of us are experiencing and release another update fixing or going back to previous swype coding.

Private-Cowboy

Reaction score
Why not take a look at 'Ultra Keyboard'. It does swyping too (called tracing here) and works quite well. Not as well as Swype in its best version but the feature is very new to the app. And besides that it is a very feature richt keyboard. Bought it lately and have not looked back.

Riley

Reaction score
I thought I was just over tired and sloppy with my swype....but I am noticing it having trouble with some words as well since the last update. I've also noticed it lagging more than normal when I have a lot of apps running up in my status bar.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

jerroedr

Reaction score
the wasn't want thing was finally fixed for me with the new update. swype has always been a little inaccurate, but its much faster than the stock keyboard. It works GREAT on phones that come with it, but typos happen.

Also, swype is supposed to learn how you type and adjust over time. So changing roms every 3 days probably doesnt help. Maybe the new version has this as an enhanced feature.

aside from that, check out my signature for a way to theme your swype! really cool!

OyVOid

Reaction score
I have been using swype beta since the beginning and I haven't had any major issues with it. I want to say for the most part it has eliminated the need to use the physical keyboard for me.

I have tried slideit and I didn't like it so I switched back. I agree with the other posters, tweak the settings. Try to get it right by changing the accuracy or the speed settings. I am a slow typer so Swype has helped me tremendously. Never going to give it up.