Problems with Swype in Froyo 2.2

Ajharlan45

Reaction score
Hey, I updated my Moto droid to android 2.2 when the update became available to me. When i tried to use my swype keyboard it would open up but would not enter words into the text box when i swyped across letters. It will enter letters if i just type like a normal keyboard, but the swype aspect wont work. I have swype version 1.56.30.7625. Will I not be able to use swype now that i updated to Froyo?

Thanks

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
As stated, uninstall Swype (the app not the installer) and then re-download Swype thru the installer.

Should work then :)

dumluk2002

Reaction score
I am a beta user and am having issues. I uninstalled everything then had the installer sent to me, but after a partial install , it tells me that swype is already installed and I have to uninstall...so I look and there it is again! so after uninstalling I go thru process again only to have it tell me that the package failed because swype is already installed! HELPPPP

xtremecanefan

Reaction score
Mine stops working like that and when i re install it, it works for a short time then stops again. Keeping it uninstalled until a new version is released.

Skurvy_Pirate

Reaction score
I am a beta user and am having issues. I uninstalled everything then had the installer sent to me, but after a partial install , it tells me that swype is already installed and I have to uninstall...so I look and there it is again! so after uninstalling I go thru process again only to have it tell me that the package failed because swype is already installed! HELPPPP

Make sure you are installing the app itself and not the installer. You should actually have both uninstalled.

Sent from my Droid

r1tony

Reaction score
Mine stops working like that and when i re install it, it works for a short time then stops again. Keeping it uninstalled until a new version is released.

Same here on 2.2 on my Incredible. Seems like it stops after I reboot the phone then I have to reinstall it again but will eventually stop again.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
It's not in the market, it's still in beta. You have to sign up for the beta and I believe it's closed.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

r1tony

Reaction score
I cant find swype for my droid 1 in the market. Can you help?

It is "beta" only at the moment, and they closed it couple months ago I believe. If you search around you can find the .apk I am sure, but it won't be in the market.