super cheap 32 gb sd cards!!??!! wow, look at this

Bxrider117

Reaction score
I saw these a few months back and I took the dive and brought one. As soon as I paid for it the auction was cancelled by Ebay for fraudulent activity. Fortunately, I got my money back from Ebay. Then a few weeks later i got the card. I put it in my Droid and it read the full 32gb card. However, I could not format it to the phone and when I would transfer files, either via computer or straight to the phone, I would get an error about 3.5gb in.

Don't waste your money!!!

coondogg97

Reaction score
I picked one of these up. They are legit and I did recieve a 32GB MicroSD card that did work in the Droid. But I was having so many issues I finally went back to the 16GB card.

Sometimes the card would work, sometimes it wouldn't. Some music files would copy over to it, others would copy over and then delete themselves after I unmount the phone. There were a few times that I rebooted my phone and the card was corrupt and I had to reformat.

For what its worth I put the card in my wife's non-rooted Droid and it seemed to work fine for about a week. Although she only had a few gigs of stuff on there. It seemed the more I filled the card the wackier it would get.

And I tried the card with a few different ROMs and I must have formatted the card 20 different ways. Nothing seemed to keep it stable for more then a day or two.

R

RETG

Unknown brand name SD memory cards from Ebay vs. (one example) Sandisk Ultra 32 GB SDHC card for $90.00 from Amazon?

Hard decision:)

him

Reaction score
I picked one of these up. They are legit and I did recieve a 32GB MicroSD card that did work in the Droid. But I was having so many issues I finally went back to the 16GB card. .

Then it didnt work..

coondogg97

Reaction score
I picked one of these up. They are legit and I did receive a 32GB MicroSD card that did work in the Droid. But I was having so many issues I finally went back to the 16GB card. .

Then it didnt work..

It was flaky in my Droid. Doesn't mean they are fake. I didn't try it in any other device or in a PC for extra storage.

Last edited:
R

RETG

Unknown brand name SD memory cards from Ebay vs. (one example) Sandisk Ultra 32 GB SDHC card for $90.00 from Amazon?

Where are you finding a 32GB MicroSD card on Amazon for $90???

Amazon.com: SanDisk Ultra 32GB SDHC Card (SDSDRH-032G-A11): Electronics

Amazon.com: Lexar Platinum II 32 GB 100x SD/SDHC Flash Memory Card LSD32GBSBNA100: Musical Instruments

Class 4's I believe. But do you need anything faster for a droid? I know my video cameras recommend a class 6. Guess if you are using the video on the droid a class 6 might be nice, but again, is it required?

deputc26

Reaction score

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/misc.php?do=showsmilies

Amazon.com: Lexar Platinum II 32 GB 100x SD/SDHC Flash Memory Card LSD32GBSBNA100: Musical Instruments

Class 4's I believe. But do you need anything faster for a droid? I know my video cameras recommend a class 6. Guess if you are using the video on the droid a class 6 might be nice, but again, is it required?

Those are not MicroSD.

$145 is cheapest I could Find: http://www.simplyelectronics.net/mainproduct.php?pid=10676

Last edited:

coondogg97

Reaction score

As the PP has stated, not MicroSD.

Last edited:
R

RETG

Ok, sorry. Early in the AM, worked late and can't read. Did not even notice Micro and I mostly use CD and SD for my cameras.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
am i missing something here?
Yup. The old saying: "If it seems too good to be true it probably is". :D

Stick with reputable brands and resellers.

As for SD vs microSD, they don't even have the same shape.

MicroSD:
microsdhc_32gb_product_204x163.jpg

SD:
Main.jpg

Last edited:
R

RETG

Well aware they don't have the same shape. That is until you slide the Micro inside the SD shapped holder to slide into the computer.