Stuck on boot

Georgedaballa

Reaction score
So last night i switched from frg22 to sapphire 1.0.0. Everything was running good. This morning i turned off my phone for 5 minutes then I tried turning it back on and its stuck at the Motorola M. Ive pulled the battery about 5 times and it still wont work.

What should i do?

AtrusNex

Reaction score
Which part of boot the Motorola screen or the Android loading screen? If it's on the Android loading screen you probably need to re-flash a different kernel. If it's stuck at the Motorola screen you could have worse problems and have a corrupt recovery.

OP
G

Georgedaballa

Reaction score
Its just on the M when you first turn on your phone

How should i fix this

AtrusNex

Reaction score
I'm not 100% sure on this, but you might need to re-flash the phone with the Motorola Flashing Tool. But before that you should attempt to see if you can get into your recovery. Are you using Clockwork or SPB?

OP
G

Georgedaballa

Reaction score
clockwork from rom manager and i got into recovery but i dont know what to do from then

AtrusNex

Reaction score
Go to Nandroid and restore any recoveries you have on there. Preferrably one that you know works :).

Ryank10909

Reaction score
So last night i switched from frg22 to sapphire 1.0.0. Everything was running good. This morning i turned off my phone for 5 minutes then I tried turning it back on and its stuck at the Motorola M. Ive pulled the battery about 5 times and it still wont work.

What should i do?

I just had this problem, connect your phone to your computer, and itll boot up, open RM and delete what ever you just put on your phone, i had put a different kernel on mine and deleted it and it worked just fine, I went from BB 0.4 to sapphire 1.0.0 with Black glass. its awesome! and on this site these people helped me through the whole thing! this site is amazing!
If you want i can tell you exactly what i did...

OP
G

Georgedaballa

Reaction score

What should i do?

I just had this problem, connect your phone to your computer, and itll boot up, open RM and delete what ever you just put on your phone, i had put a different kernel on mine and deleted it and it worked just fine, I went from BB 0.4 to sapphire 1.0.0 with Black glass. its awesome! and on this site these people helped me through the whole thing! this site is amazing!

I already recovered my phone but how can i get sapphire back and working? When i was downloading sapphire yesterday i picked 1000mhz low voltage was that the problem?

AtrusNex

Reaction score
Try running a stock or near stock (medium voltage near 600 MHz) kernel to start off with. Back-that up if it works then experiment around with other kernels.

Ryank10909

Reaction score

What should i do?

I already recovered my phone but how can i get sapphire back and working? When i was downloading sapphire yesterday i picked 1000mhz low voltage was that the problem?

what i did was just get the highest 1.2 ghtz, and i got setCPU and made profiles, so it does exactly what i want, remember always back up what you have so you can always go back to it. i used RM i have BB 0.4, Sapphire and my simple rom from when it was rooted all on there, so i can go back and fourth to what i like...

OP
G

Georgedaballa

Reaction score

what i did was just get the highest 1.2 ghtz, and i got setCPU and made profiles, so it does exactly what i want, remember always back up what you have so you can always go back to it. i used RM i have BB 0.4, Sapphire and my simple rom from when it was rooted all on there, so i can go back and fourth to what i like...

I picked 1000mhz low voltage and was using setcpu too.

So now I am going redownload sapphire from rom manager with the lowest ghz? Then install it and then make a backup of it. Going to see if it works.

Ryank10909

Reaction score

So now I am going redownload sapphire from rom manager with the lowest ghz? Then install it and then make a backup of it. Going to see if it works.

You should get standard, some cant handle the low voltage, i asked that same question, id stick with standard

OP
G

Georgedaballa

Reaction score

You should get standard, some cant handle the low voltage, i asked that same question, id stick with standard

crap i already clicked low voltage 800mhz and its installing

Ryank10909

Reaction score
That could have been the reason for it not working, im not sure, my thread has a lot of good info, i can find it for you if you want