Sapphire 0.8.4 not working?

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Where are you getting the error, what recovery are you using now?

chad24taylor

Reaction score
I was receiving the same "abort error" when using the newest version of CW. Flashed back to an older version and...BAM! Worked like a charm.

Edit: Except now my market is gone...hmm?

Last edited:

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was receiving the same "abort error" when using the newest version of CW. Flashed back to an older version and...BAM! Worked like a charm.

Edit: Except now my market is gone...hmm?

Did you flash gapps?

OP
BRUINSdroidBOSTON
Reaction score
ok. this is what I did. deleted the download cache in rom manager and wiped cache in settings. then i downloaded sapphire with black bar. then manually went into clockwork. wiped data and cache a few times. then when i go to select a rom to download, I have 3 choices. gapps, blackbar update, and the stock sapphire update. I tried doing the stock sapphire first then it said what it always says , aborted. then i wiped data and cache again and tried downloading the gapps first then the stock sapphire and it still didnt work. Im really getting frustrated by this ... thinking about sticking with BB or trying new froyo build on droidlife.com. (new froyo build made by pete also)

wingdo

Reaction score
ok. this is what I did. deleted the download cache in rom manager and wiped cache in settings. then i downloaded sapphire with black bar. then manually went into clockwork. wiped data and cache a few times. then when i go to select a rom to download, I have 3 choices. gapps, blackbar update, and the stock sapphire update. I tried doing the stock sapphire first then it said what it always says , aborted. then i wiped data and cache again and tried downloading the gapps first then the stock sapphire and it still didnt work. Im really getting frustrated by this ... thinking about sticking with BB or trying new froyo build on droidlife.com. (new froyo build made by pete also)

OK, I cannot speak for using RM / CW, but here is what I can tell you.

stock-sapphire-update is the stock THEME for Sapphire (in case you want to roll back to the stock theme) so it sounds like you are not installing the actual ROM.

Sapphire ROM should consist of two files:
Sapphire-0.8.4-update.zip
Sapphire-0.8.4-gapps-update.zip

Install those two files in that order, and boot up. You should have a working ROM at that point. From there you can flash the market fix if you like (makes sapphire appear as a 2.1 ROM to the market), and you can also install black bar theme at that point.

Sorry I cannot be of help with CW, but I've just always used SPR w/o issue and I have seen no reason to change.

releases:sapphire-0.8.4 [CVPCS Sapphire Wiki] is the main page with all downloads.

OP
BRUINSdroidBOSTON
Reaction score
ok. just tried to do it with sprecovery. downlaoded the rom straight from the sapphire website, transferred to my sd card, named it update (.zip) , then in sprecovery it still says installation aborted!!! is there any way that the rom just doesnt work on my phone? I am done with this... will be waiting for the next version of sapphire to try again. Looks like its BB for me!

wingdo

Reaction score
ok. just tried to do it with sprecovery. downlaoded the rom straight from the sapphire website, transferred to my sd card, named it update (.zip) , then in sprecovery it still says installation aborted!!! is there any way that the rom just doesnt work on my phone? I am done with this... will be waiting for the next version of sapphire to try again. Looks like its BB for me!

How large was the download you received?

Mayh3m

Hoodie Ninja
Premium Member
Reaction score
The download size for this rom w/o gapps is 65.6mb make sure if your dling from your phone your not killing your browser.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
around 40 mb's

Oh boy. This is the reason you've been having all these problems.

You need to be on a reliable connection and download the following files. I've provided their exact sizes - check their sizes in ASTRO or on a PC. If they don't match down to the byte, the download was corrupted and you must do it again.

sapphire-0.8.4-update.zip: 68,743,750 bytes
sapphire-0.8.4-gapps-update.zip: 9,531,667 bytes

OP
BRUINSdroidBOSTON
Reaction score
ok. ill try the download again. is there any reason why this file keeps getting corrupted because i have downloaded other roms and they work fine.

OP
BRUINSdroidBOSTON
Reaction score
downloaded it on my phone this time. with wifi. it was 40 mb and there was no gapps file.