Installing 0.8.4 error

Mikejl

Reaction score
... although I can't see how they'd need to improve on it!
Eliminating the need to rename all ROM's/Kernel's/Theme's "update.zip" and allowing the install of a ROM from anywhere on the SD Card and not just from the root would worthwhile improvements.

Mike

cvhovey

Reaction score
You can't use CWM 2.0.2.0. You have to use 2.0.1.3 or sooner. I had the same problem.
Thanks for that tip ... after downloading, redownloading, re-redownloading, and Googling on what the heck Error 7 meant, glad to see this. And install went well ... at last ... after going back to 2.0.1.3! dancedroid

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Some folks have reported success with CW 2.0.1.3. Others, like myself, unfortunately had to use SP Recovery.

Why do you say unfortunately? Sprecovery is a great thing. I can't recall ever seeing a thread where it jacked someone's droid unlike the multiple threads saying "HELP OMFG MY DROID IS BRICKED!!!!" which usually end up being rom manager problems and not the rom.

I find it really sad that more ppl don't support the dev that created sprecovery .... if it weren't for him...we'd all be jacked.

That's my opinion.

Because I prefer CW, have never had an issue with it until today, and because it was a big pain to rename three files to update.zip when I'm used to not having to do so.

I find it sad that somehow I'm criticized for using the tool of my choice because others have had problems.

sniffle

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.ccroms.net
I use cw, cvp uses spr... its a matter of preference... that's all...

:)

Main reason I use cw is because of people that use rommanager, if there is an ssue I will have ran into it before they have and announced to other cw users what the fix is so they can relay that info as well :) I try anyway :p

OP
D

dr2ww62

Reaction score
Yeah I would love to support SPR for everything its given us but I have to give props to CW too for innovative features to a core functional tool. I could care less about rom manager other than an easy way to flash new versions of SPR/CW. Never use it for downloading or installing roms, but that's just my personal preference.

I think that's what open source is all about. Its about giving respect to those who innovate and being proud when others improve upon or take your ideas different directions. I love all the options available to Android and that we aren't locked into some restrictive tool some business exec chose because it looked best on his bottom line.

So keep up the good work all you who make Android awesome! I may or may not always use your tool, but your ideas will live on in my cache forever..... ;) (well, actually not because I wipe it everytime I flash a new rom, but it sounded good)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk