Stuck in droidmod????

appdaddy

Reaction score
I'm currently running droidmod 1.0 and I want to go back to stock. But when I opened the dmupdater app it said I had an update to 0.1.1. So I updated it and it said in all caps: "error mmg or mgm not writing bad block," or something like that, now I don't even have the option to go back to stock... How can I fix this/go back to stock? Any help will be MOST appreciated.

shmoo

Reaction score
Hopefully you made a nandroid of your DM 1.0 reboot to recovery and go back to that. You should have the option of going back to stock then.

OP
appdaddy

appdaddy

Reaction score
would I have to go boot to recovery to get my nandroid back up to work?

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
would I have to go boot to recovery to get my nandroid back up to work?

You could just delete dmupdater 1.1 and go download dmupdater 1.0. Or if you're like me you might still have dmupdater 1.0 in your download folder.

Phillipsave

Reaction score
All I have done with DroidMod 1.0 so far is download as per directions. Do I have to do something with Nandroid to back it up or something, as per shmoo? Any other things I need to do to protect it?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
All I have done with DroidMod 1.0 so far is download as per directions. Do I have to do something with Nandroid to back it up or something, as per shmoo? Any other things I need to do to protect it?

That happened to me yesterday and that was why I could not use droidmod to get rid of clockwork. You are going to have to reboot into recovery and flash a nandroid backup (the one before clockwork). Then install droidmod.

OP
appdaddy

appdaddy

Reaction score
Didn't droidmod make a nandroid backup for me? How can I get to it? When I download it from sprecovery it says download aborted.... should I do a factory reset...? I really don't want to though... but if it will help.......

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Didn't droidmod make a nandroid backup for me? How can I get to it? When I download it from sprecovery it says download aborted.... should I do a factory reset...? I really don't want to though... but if it will help.......
In sprecovery : backup/restore : simple nandroid restore. Should restore your last backup

OP
appdaddy

appdaddy

Reaction score
OK. I didn't find/make a nandroid back up I'm guessing... I tried to manually to go back to stock. I have the stock.zip and I renamed it to just update.zip. But when I try to flash it it says status 7 download aborted... he'll!I love droidmod but I only rooted until 2.1 came out.... Will a factory reset fix this? Is there another way? Maybe if I used a computer to put it in/ take out the .zip files? Anyone else having this problem? Any success on going back to stock? Help!!!??!

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
OK. I didn't find/make a nandroid back up I'm guessing... I tried to manually to go back to stock. I have the stock.zip and I renamed it to just update.zip. But when I try to flash it it says status 7 download aborted... he'll!I love droidmod but I only rooted until 2.1 came out.... Will a factory reset fix this? Is there another way? Maybe if I used a computer to put it in/ take out the .zip files? Anyone else having this problem? Any success on going back to stock? Help!!!??!

You can alway run the 2.0.1 sbf through rsd lite. Here is the link.read it a couple times and follow to a "T" and you'll be stock.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hacking-help/24707-unroot-unbrick-your-phone-using-sbf.html

OP
appdaddy

appdaddy

Reaction score
Ok, so I've been looking around for an alternative to using a .sbf file.... Still stuck in droidmod.... Also I have a picture of what it says when I try to update to dm 0.1.1... Also how do I get rid of that clockwork recovery thing??? Its preventing me from getting to my sprecovery... wiped data cache that didn't work, tried to upload dm updater 1.0 but no luck... what is going on??? Didn't do a Factory reset (although VERY tempted to...) Bought rom manager pro but refunded it by accident... didn't help much... (not sure if I waas doing it correctly anyway...) Funny, dmupdater works great on my droid... Why is it so difficult to remove? I'm gonna get to a computer and remove any other update.zip flies from root and only put stock.update.zip in there and see what that does...? Sound good? Any MORE help will be EATEN UP!!! Thanks again guys for putting up with my dilemma... wish I wasn't at work so I could do it on a computer....

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Ok, so I've been looking around for an alternative to using a .sbf file.... Still stuck in droidmod.... Also I have a picture of what it says when I try to update to dm 0.1.1... Also how do I get rid of that clockwork recovery thing??? Its preventing me from getting to my sprecovery... wiped data cache that didn't work, tried to upload dm updater 1.0 but no luck... what is going on??? Didn't do a Factory reset (although VERY tempted to...) Bought rom manager pro but refunded it by accident... didn't help much... (not sure if I waas doing it correctly anyway...) Funny, dmupdater works great on my droid... Why is it so difficult to remove? I'm gonna get to a computer and remove any other update.zip flies from root and only put stock.update.zip in there and see what that does...? Sound good? Any MORE help will be EATEN UP!!! Thanks again guys for putting up with my dilemma... wish I wasn't at work so I could do it on a computer....

at this point flashing the sbf might be you're only real choice. You can try a factory data reset. But if that doesn't do it the sbf will definately do the trick.

OP
appdaddy

appdaddy

Reaction score
OK. I found some instructions on manually returning to stock. My question is, how do I put the update.stock.zip into my root file in astro?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
OK. I found some instructions on manually returning to stock. My question is, how do I put the update.stock.zip into my root file in astro?

you rename it update (if you have windows 7) or update.zip (xp or other windows verion). And you put it on the root of your sdcard (so it doesn't go into a folder).

My apologies did not see you was not near a computer.

Last edited:

Kmart95

Reaction score
While in astro long press in the update-stock, then press edit, move and the press home and then paste