State of the Nexus 6: 2 months in

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
446984-droid-turbo-v-nexus-6.jpg

It have been about 2 months since I purchased my Nexus 6 from AT&T. All my concerns from the size, the logo, to whether or not it can be unlocked have all been answered. Thanks to dbrand I have a nice skin to cover up the AT&T logo, At&t sent me my sim unlock code and I have been able to test it on Verizon's Lte, and the size have not been an issue for me. After 2 month I still feel that this is arguably the best nexus device as well as the best over all device I have owned. Everything from the screen, front facing speakers, and swift updates elevate the love for this device. Though I would have like a better camera and a larger battery I am able to make due just fine with the current camera and easily get through a day and some change with the current battery. Plus with the turbo charger I can quickly charge my device for those times I am on the go or forget to plug it in the night before. Though I am concerned about the backplate issue from motorola I am happy to say that is not an issue of mine currently.

So interested to hear from other Nexus 6 owners about how the state of their Nexus 6.

For fun you can submit your rebuttal to team Turbo here: Team Turbo or Team Nexus 6 Android Forum at DroidForums.net

nair.sidhant

Reaction score
I bought my N6 shortly before Thanksgiving. In my opinion, this device is one of the best I have owned in a while. It looks so classy. One of my few problems is the back of the phone and the matte. Don't get me wrong, I love the matte, but it tends to get extremely oily and greasy. So, out of many recommendations, I bought a Spigen case. LTE ON T-Mobile is already blazing and the phone is just nice and easy to use.

Also, I am interested in DBrand, but can't seem to fully persuade myself. Yes or no?

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I have had my Nexus 6 for a month or so (don't really remember when I got it)... I ended up purchasing an AT&T version thru Best Buy which I have unlocked and have it running on VZW with absolutely no issues. I have enjoyed the phone and it was good to get back to Moto with a phablet style device. I still use the Z3v and LG G3 but most of the time it is the Nexus 6.

@nair.sidhant - I have a DBrand skin on my device - I got it to cover up the AT&T logo LOL :)...

kevsgroove

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Went to the Verizon store the other day to geta look at the Nexus 6. It was funny that after telling me they didn't have any in, the rep surreptitiously whispered "go by Sprint, I hear they have them."

I love the look and it didn't feel nearly as bizarre at that size as I thought it would. Question is, can this be ordered from Google, Verizon ready, or must it be unlocked to work with Verizon?

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Went to the Verizon store the other day to geta look at the Nexus 6. It was funny that after telling me they didn't have any in, the rep surreptitiously whispered "go by Sprint, I hear they have them."

I love the look and it didn't feel nearly as bizarre at that size as I thought it would. Question is, can this be ordered from Google, Verizon ready, or must it be unlocked to work with Verizon?

I think the only one that has to be "unlocked" to use on VZW is the AT&T model - the Nexus 6 that you can order from Google and Moto will work with no issues.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I just read a "rumor" that vzw and moto are working on a carrier specific version of the n6..go figure.. Another way for vzw to try to lock it down.. And their version may have a 4000Mah battery.. So.. Essentially a bigger screened turbo..

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
At this point why even bother releasing a nexus 6?

We are in 2015 time to focus on releasing new devices not being late to release a 2014 device.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
That's kind of enticing if it ends up like the ATT version, bigger battery and carrier specific but can still get updates from Google timely. Wishful thinking with Verizon I know..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
And every time I've been into a Verizon and asked about the Nexus 6 I get a stare like I'm crazy. Nobody there even knows what it is. Ridiculous.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
And every time I've been into a Verizon and asked about the Nexus 6 I get a stare like I'm crazy. Nobody there even knows what it is. Ridiculous.

Right, yeah at this point if you want a nexus 6 buy one from Google, Motorola, or another carrier and unlock it.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I absolutely love this phone....after making a nice stop with the m8 being back to a phablet is awesome.. I know why peeps don't go back to smaller phones.. It's kinda like having the SUV you don't go back to a car... Haha
First off the camera is solid... Doesn't get enough credit... It takes great pics especially in HDR+... A little delay might be the only small complaint but sure is worth it.. Not enough for you to miss that pic...
Battery life I can get through a day easily... And turbo charge should be included in every phone going forward.. Another thing that should be included in new flagships is wireless charging out the box.. Place and go... Love it..
I have 7 cases and two dbrands skins... Plenty of good accessories... Also slickwraps came up with premium leather skins that might be next.. Haha
Although I'm not as addicted as previously with root and ROMS.. I still love the fact you can unlock this phone easily and modify anything you want.. Adjusting the RGB for one enhances the screen nicely... Led for example is a must for me.. Double tap to wake is needed when you have a phone like this as well.. Things Motorola omitted and should have kept in for stock device experience. . Who knows maybe they update it in the future.. Oh did I mention updates... Yeah why wait for AT&T /VERIZON when you can get the latest update yourself right from the kitchen fresh... Lol
Its not a perfect phone... And I don't think any phone will be... Most of the small quirks I find are with lollipop... It's new and as such some things still need fine tuning.....but a Nexus in my opinion is the testing phone for all others.. We get to see the improvements... I know plenty peeps like to keep stock but I really do think this phone deserves the extra tweaks you get with root... Either way it's a great device for all... And screen real estate is great.... Videos and reading on larger screen is something you get spoiled with on a phablets..

So two months have passed.. I think this is definitely the best Nexus made to date... Let's keep up with that trend for years to come....

Tap'd by Big 6

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Right, yeah at this point if you want a nexus 6 buy one from Google, Motorola, or another carrier and unlock it.
Every time Motorola or Google has them back in Stock I never get to them in time.

on the move..