State of the Droid Turbo: 2 months in

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
My biggest worry is my sun conure is being really loud today..

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Forgot to mention how much I LOVE "Twist to Cam" (or whatever you want to call it). My first phone with that feature. Before I had it I thought it was a bit gimmicky. Now? I don't think I can LIVE WITHOUT IT!!!! hahaha
SO friggin handy!!

Last edited:

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
It's sort of like my remote start on my Jeep, it's cool once you remember to actually use it.

TDL1068

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I like the feature a lot too, but sometimes forget I have it!

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
I just can't get the selfie shot when I fling mine across the room, typically snaps a blurry pic of the acoustic ceiling.

We must...We must...increase our boost

Prestonmadoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid turbo
Twitter
@mvpeers
I'm a big fan but I discovered last night a strange gouge in the kevlar backing... Funny thing is, I haven't dropped the phone. It feels like metal where the scratch is... Obviously the backing isn't that solid...

1coopgt

Reaction score
I'm a big fan but I discovered last night a strange gouge in the kevlar backing... Funny thing is, I haven't dropped the phone. It feels like metal where the scratch is... Obviously the backing isn't that solid...

I'm guessing you don't keep your phone in a case . Picture of the gouge ?

Prestonmadoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid turbo
Twitter
@mvpeers
I'm guessing you don't keep your phone in a case . Picture of the gouge ?
No case but it's a kevlar backing and that's major reason I got this phone. I don't see point of buying phones for their beautiful form factor if they need a case. And had no issues like this in 18 months with droid maxx

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
No case but it's a kevlar backing and that's major reason I got this phone. I don't see point of buying phones for their beautiful form factor if they need a case. And had no issues like this in 18 months with droid maxx
One of those "things" I sit and wonder Why a cell phone manufacturer doesn't "get it"..... Build a truly revolutionary device that really can take a drop and survive (blemish free) maybe even have it be a great performer. They would set the industry on its ear (pun?) certainly they would corner the market. I get the planned obsolesence thing but they pretty much have that handled with OS updates and the natural maturation of the technology. I HATE covering a cool look/feel "ing" phone but I hate a broken corner even more.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Didn't Samsung try that with the S4 ACTIVE?
O yea... AT&T EXCLUSIVE. #lame

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Didn't Samsung try that with the S4 ACTIVE?
O yea... AT&T EXCLUSIVE. #lame
Yes. Exactly my point, another swing and a miss by a "Tech company" that should have been able to actually deliver on a marketed concept. About the only thing the "active" enabled was college fraternity half-wits to call their x-girlfriends while their heads were submerged in the toilet.

kimball13A

Reaction score
So does anyone use the google now launcher? Would there be a point to on a phone that is almost stock android?

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I don't see the point when I have a NOW widget on my home screen AFAIK that's all the launcher adds is the dedicated screen. I don't even understand that...

Turbo Tap'n

kimball13A

Reaction score
I don't see the point when I have a NOW widget on my home screen AFAIK that's all the launcher adds is the dedicated screen. I don't even understand that...

Turbo Tap'n
Is the now widget accessed by long pressing on the home button?