Motorola & Verizon Officially Reveal the Droid Turbo!

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Motorola-droid-turbo-glamour-shot.jpg

Motorola's new flagship Droid, the Droid Turbo, was just unveiled and it is just as glorious as we were hoping for. The specs are absolutely phenomenal as are its overall design aesthetics. Of course the PR people had to throw around a ton of marketing hyperbole as they are apt to do. This time the focus for the device was on its "endurance, strength, details, and intelligence." (I thought we were talking about a phone, not a super-soldier?)

At any rate, the Droid Turbo could be the Dark Horse Android blockbuster of late 2014. It's a magnificent device in every respect from what we have seen in the presentation. Here's a breakdown of its main features and functions:
  • 5.2-inch display with quad HD resolution (2,560 x 1,440 pixels)
  • 2.7GHz quad-core Snapdragon 805 processor
  • 21-megapixel camera (4K video capture support and wrist flick instant launch)
  • 3GB of RAM
  • 3,900 mAh battery - (two full days of usage on a single charge)
  • Turbo Charging functionality - 15 minutes of charging will add 8 hours of usage time to the battery
  • Android 4.4.4 KitKat (will be upgraded to Android 5.0 Lollipop in coming months)
  • XLTE Ready
  • Two new materials: ballistic nylon (military spec) and metalized glass fiber
  • Water resistant to protect against spills
  • Moto Voice, Moto Actions, Moto Notifications (Display), & Moto Assist
The Droid Turbo will be $199.99 on contract for the 32GB version or $249.99 on contract for the 64GB version, and will launch on Thursday, October 30th.

Motorola also announced they will be offering a special DROID Turbo Screen Assurance program, which gives users a free certified "like new" display if your screen cracks, one time per contract period.

Be sure to hit up our dedicated Motorola Droid Turbo section and let us know what you think of the newest super Droid! Here's a direct link: Motorola Droid Turbo Android Forums at DroidForums.net

Last edited:

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
It was announced -7 hours ago when I clicked on it just now.

Edit: My bad on reporting the original post. My thumb did it.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
This Droid is the definitely a must have for anyone looking for an Android handset on Verizon. With the Moto X software capabilities and generous battery life, this is the phone to own.

Very impressed, the Moto Droid brand is definitely back!

veraderock

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Very cool! .. Any word on speaker location? Please tell me it's not on the back. :)

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Finally another Droid on the Verizon network. I hope they do a nice marketing push for this phone, seems like they've kind of toned that down over the past couple of years.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
The speaker appeared to be the moto logo on the rear side of the phone, poo.

sent from my XT1080 using tapatrash

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Very cool! .. Any word on speaker location? Please tell me it's not on the back. :)

From the looks can not see where it would be on the back but hands on reviews are coming very soon.