OP
Chizzele

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
The Theme package has a newer market version which did the trick. Some of the themes would have a themed market app as well.

buellboy9

Reaction score
That's an interesting question... I'm curious too. This actually sounds like a GOOD thing. I don't need the phone to start downloading a gazillion apps while I'm still trying to configure it. In the past I just turn on "Airplane Mode" after I've registered the phone to prevent that from happening. I restore everything from Titanium Backup because it's faster anyway.

illmatic636

Reaction score
Giving this a test drive. So many people love this darn Rom. How can't I!

Thanks for posting Chezzele.

otter34

Reaction score
I'm getting a 15-20 second lag w/ ADW when going to my home screen. Prior to installing this version over the top of the 2.1/2.2/google maps I was getting a 25-30 second lag after having no problems for a week or more. Any ideas?

papatar

Reaction score
i flashed this newest version and everything seemed to go well til i tried to load launcherpro. could this be the problem. after loading LP i had no gmail no market and several other FC messages

buellboy9

Reaction score
This ROM hates me. I had it up and running just fine, but I suddenly couldn't create any widgets. I'd long press on an unoccupied part of the screen and get the pop-up, but when I selected "Widgets" nothing happened. The pop-up disappeared and that was it.

I figured maybe if I reboot it'll come back, so I rebooted... and ended up in a boot logo loop. WTF?? Why does this keep happening to me?? At least this time my Recovery wasn't also wiped out and I was able to restore back to a working backup (stock, rooted FRG83G) but I'm starting to get a little gun shy here...

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
been a while so ill remind

is anyone using titanium backup to restore. if so try not using that and see what happens.
i have been running sourcery 2.2 since january without 1 problem or lag.
so im guessing maybe motorola is right there are some very bad apps out there causing probelms.
or you restored using titanium.
other than that i jsut can not reproduce any of the problems listed over the last 2 weeks.
so im kinda at a losss , chizzle also cant reporduce them from what i have been reading but he knows not to use titanium.
i will continue to try to help you all olut but im jsut stuck.

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
goto this site and try it this way

Project Elite

i am betting the problems especialy force closes are caused by titanium restores.
this way is suppose to be a better way. but if you read back over the 50,000 or so posts youll see i am not a fan of titanium because of this.

OP
Chizzele

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
So much fun to see Sourcery getting busy again.. Sorry guys busy day at work, i'm gonna try and answer everything one by one...

OP
Chizzele

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
That's an interesting question... I'm curious too. This actually sounds like a GOOD thing. I don't need the phone to start downloading a gazillion apps while I'm still trying to configure it. In the past I just turn on "Airplane Mode" after I've registered the phone to prevent that from happening. I restore everything from Titanium Backup because it's faster anyway.

The easiest way to avoid the auto download of apps is to skip sign up at first boot and sign in manually after load, that will prevent the Market from downloading everything. TiBi doe's not play well with Sourcery /(and several other roms) in terms of restoring data, its great for uninstalling apps though.

OP
Chizzele

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
The Theme package has a newer market version which did the trick. Some of the themes would have a themed market app as well.

Thanks. One last question: what in the ROM prevents the application from initially being updated OTA like in stock (rooted) ROMs?

ClockWorkMod prevents carrier OTA upgrades/updates.