Sooo are you happy with your G2????

Astrix

Reaction score
I'm very happy with the battery life.

5+ hours 'screen on' surfing forums/social network on wifi/4G.

TapaTalking from Republic™ Of Android

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
So I exchanged for a G2 at lunch today to give it a second chance, and this one is having a lot of call quality issues so far. It's plenty loud, and clear when it's clear, but there's a lot of popping, brief "digital squealing" (not really sure how to describe it, sounds kinda like that scene in the Matrix when they're first trying to wake up Neo and the camera goes down his throat), and hissing. 3 different calls this afternoon - 2 to my wife (who's had the same iPhone 5 for a long time now, and I've never heard this with her), and one with a client (no idea what phone / carrier). It was bad enough with my wife to be a deal killer, as I've google'd it and it appears others have experienced this on occasion as well. Blah... not sure if I'm meant to have this device! :)

Ksupernor2

Reaction score
I actually prefer the feel and look of the feather. It feels a little less slippery to me and it is so thin it really looks good. However, I use the diztronic most of the time just for the little bit of extra protection it offers. I'm really torn between the two. I like them both for different reasons. They both fit great and are good quality.

I bought both those cases also and I have to say I like them both also. The incipio is probably the one I like best but the diztronic is nice too. I also ordered a TUDIA Ultra Slim Melody Series TPU Protective Case for LG G2 (for Verizon ONLY) - Black.

todroid

Reaction score
Funny I have found the buttons completely natural now. I really like the placement.

Absolutely love the button placement. The only phone that allows me to fire up the camera in my pocket without changing my finger position after grabbing the phone and by the time the phone is in front of my face use the same button (again, without changing the finger position) to shoot a picture. This is major, because with my Droid Razr, I had to hold the phone in one hand, while tapping the shutter button with another. Might be a small thing for someone else, but a major win in my book. And with this good of a camera, it's hard not to shoot everything. :D
And, changing volumes while the phone is in your pocket is a lot easier too, because the buttons are located easy. It's a lot harder when the volume buttons are on the side of the phone, resting against the seam of the pocket.
For the car, I use Tetrax Xway holder. Works great and keeps volume buttons easily accessible. The magnetic button is placed on the Incipio Feather case, no bulk increase, no issues, no phone modification.

acousticshade

Reaction score
Test drove a G2 at Best Buy today and have to say I really like it. The knock on feature is really cool, the thing is very fast, has an awesome screen & a great camera. I was surprised at how compact the thing is. It's barely bigger than my Rezound, but a much larger screen and a LOT thinner.

I have to laugh at all the negative reviews for the software. I actually like how customizable it is and it is a huge step above Touchwiz. I'm guessing all the review hate comes from stock android fanboys, which is unfortunate (although those same fanboys didn't trash talk the N3 software near as bad).

IMO, Touchwiz is pretty bad on the N3 compared to the G2. For such a huge phone, I just don't understand why they space the app icons so frickin far apart. The spacing is near perfect for my tastes on the G2, to the point where I may not even use a launcher. I also like the software buttons instead of the hardwired buttons on the N3. I still can't decide which phone I like best though...

mattjenn

Reaction score
I have had my G2 for a month and absolutely love it and highly recommend it to anyone. And I am one of those very picky people when it comes to phones I've been through 7 phones in prior 2 years

Ksupernor2

Reaction score
Absolutely love the button placement. The only phone that allows me to fire up the camera in my pocket without changing my finger position after grabbing the phone and by the time the phone is in front of my face use the same button (again, without changing the finger position) to shoot a picture. This is major, because with my Droid Razr, I had to hold the phone in one hand, while tapping the shutter button with another. Might be a small thing for someone else, but a major win in my book. And with this good of a camera, it's hard not to shoot everything. :D
And, changing volumes while the phone is in your pocket is a lot easier too, because the buttons are located easy. It's a lot harder when the volume buttons are on the side of the phone, resting against the seam of the pocket.
For the car, I use Tetrax Xway holder. Works great and keeps volume buttons easily accessible. The magnetic button is placed on the Incipio Feather case, no bulk increase, no issues, no phone modification.

I used my S4 the other day and it was weird to use the side buttons! I really like the knock on feature and the back button is pretty comfortable now. I think Verizon should have left it alone though. I find it to be on the small side. I really like the G2 a lot after having it a couple weeks. It's really a perfect size phone for me right now.

OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Today was the last day I could return the G2. Sig says my choice. My Razr Maxx just went up for sale on swappa.

The more I use the G2 the more I like it. I have no issues at all with their skin. I like pretty much everything about it. In fact of it wasn't for the fact that you can't change folder icons I prolly would not even use another launcher. I have played with others S3's and S4's and the Touchwiz is just way too cluttered and pretty obnoxious to use and navigate.

That with the fact this phone is blazing fast and has a gorgeous screen, I could not part with it.

I just hope over time it does not disappoint. But for now I am perfectly happy with my decision.

Tap'd from my G2

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Great!

I will be with you in G2 community :D

TapaTalking from Republic™ Of Android

Do we have a G2 forum yet?? :)

In fact of it wasn't for the fact that you can't change folder icons I prolly would not even use another launcher.

I thought you could customize every icon on the stock launcher?

Also, have you (or anybody on this thread) not had any issues with call crackling / popping on voice calls?

walkerstempe

Reaction score
This Bionic owner keeps coming over to the G2 forum. 1/14 upgrade coming. Should be under a hundred bucks by then.
Yep, I'm a cheapskate, looking for the best bang on the cheap.

OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Do we have a G2 forum yet?? :)

I thought you could customize every icon on the stock launcher?

Also, have you (or anybody on this thread) not had any issues with call crackling / popping on voice calls?

Nope this is it for a G2 forum.

Individual app icons can be changed. But if you create a folder you can't change the folders icon. And they do not look good at all. Might be something for LG to consider for future updates.

No issues with cracking or popping during calls for me.