Switching from Razr Maxx to G2 and Need Feedback From Others Who Have Done The Same

Soucouant61

Reaction score
Thanks, i was hoping there was some way to trigger it inside the phone itself, like just opening an app, so i could use it with the car mount i have.

I don't know about your app, but Car Phone Ultra will trigger it if it a car bluetooth connects. Worked with my Jabra 2 car speaker.

devdeuce

Reaction score
I don't know about your app, but Car Phone Ultra will trigger it if it a car bluetooth connects. Worked with my Jabra 2 car speaker.

No Bluetooth in my car. I guess it's really no biggie if car home isn't that good anyway.

Soucouant61

Reaction score
No Bluetooth in my car. I guess it's really no biggie if car home isn't that good anyway.

Car home is fine. It actually offers more options than the other car apps I've seen. I just fine the look poor. However, "look" is subjective.

TyShoes

Reaction score
I'm in my first week with the G2.
Very impressed with the speed and (in my old age) the larger screen size.
Lots of nifty features I probably won't use.

Samsmome

Reaction score
I came from a Razr Maxx HD, my son has my Razr Maxx. I love this phone. The battery is not as long lasting as it is on the RM or the RMHD, but still am very happy with it. This phone is fast. As far as storage it is the same as RM/RMHD. Speed test on RM/RMHD I would usually get 25-35mbps on the LG G2 I have clocked it at 52mbps. I live in an area that has great 4g, also the nearest tower from me is .8 miles. If people reading this that have a RM/RMHD and jump ship to LG G2 you will not regret it.

adriscol

Reaction score
Trigger car mode with dock

Thanks, i was hoping there was some way to trigger it inside the phone itself, like just opening an app, so i could use it with the car mount i have.

Hello, I just upgraded from a Razr Maxx (Verizon) to a LG G2 (T-Mobile). I have found out about NFC and the stickers. With them you trigger almost any application to run, and if you use one of the third party apps/docks you can place the sticker on the dock and when the phone is close enough, what you have programmed the sticker for will happen. I miss the moto docks but, the LG G2 runs so much smoother. I really miss moto's car finder and smart actions. I am currently checking into the task launcher app in the play store, using it with NFC tags, I should be able to automate almost anything on the phone. BTW, I am using a bodyglove case for my LG G2 and the NFC works right through it. The tags can be had for around $1.00 each give or take. Do some research online there are some that are more than 4times the data of others and if you are going to be putting the tag on a metal desk, cabinet, or laptop you will have to obtain some that are made for metal surfaces.
Allen

Rhino94

Reaction score
I went from the Razr Maxx to the G2. I researched the h*ll out of it. It's hardware is way beyond its time and the software is pretty simple. Now Lg is letting the software date a little but it's only because I have Verizon. The update is suppose to come by the end of march. Its android 4.4.2 so I think u could enjoy the current software and b happy when u get the new update. This device has no lag what so ever and I have a lot of apps downloaded. 10 Times better than my laggy droid razor Maxx. I'm not even looking back at that thing. I love the knock on feature and the phone.

Rhino94

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the very helpful and insightful replies. Looks like the G2 is a winner by quite a bit. Both are good phones but I'm almost certain now that I'll go with the LG. Now.... just have to wait two more weeks.

David

Just saying if your are waiting 2 more weeks just wait for the S5 bc it's pretty Damon good phone

OP
YellowJacket

YellowJacket

Reaction score
Absolutely loving my G2. My Razr Maxx was a great phone but the G2 is way beyond the performance of my Trusty 'ol maxx.

Great tip about the NFC tags. I too missed my Moto Car dock but with the above suggestion, I can turn any car dock into a working dock for the G2.

Great tip!

David