Sooo are you happy with your G2????

eshef

Reaction score
Has anyone figured out how to turn gps off in the notification bar? Unchecking it in Settings didn't work...

todroid

Reaction score
Has anyone figured out how to turn gps off in the notification bar? Unchecking it in Settings didn't work...

Are you sure it's not the "location reporting ON" in the notification bar? I keep my GPS on all the time, and I don't have any notification icons for it, just the location icon.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk 2

eshef

Reaction score
Are you sure it's not the "location reporting ON" in the notification bar? I keep my GPS on all the time, and I don't have any notification icons for it, just the location icon.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk 2

I have Access to my location turned off in the settings, is there another place where it would be On?

OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I'm wondering if anyone has got the wireless storage option to work. I have tried entering both addresses but did not work. Not a big deal since I have Wi-Fi Explorer Pro. But would still like to be able to use the included features.

Tap'd from my G2

todroid

Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone has got the wireless storage option to work. I have tried entering both addresses but did not work. Not a big deal since I have Wi-Fi Explorer Pro. But would still like to be able to use the included features.

Tap'd from my G2

Got it to work once using IE (and the first address, I think) on Win 7. Was not able to get it to work using Chrome.

todroid

Reaction score
If you uncheck the access to location services it changes from a "screaming bullseye" into "just a bullseye". I don't think there's any way of getting rid of the notification, it's a status notification, like a battery.

eshef

Reaction score
If you uncheck the access to location services it changes from a "screaming bullseye" into "just a bullseye". I don't think there's any way of getting rid of the notification, it's a status notification, like a battery.

I think you're right. (feeling less than brilliant!) Thanks.

OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2

Yup I turned off locaton access, mobile, GPS and wifi and the icon stayed in the notification bar. I guess it is there all the time. Just shows when it is active and inactive.

SILVER COUPE

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G6
anyone else having wifi connectivity issues? I was having wifi connection issues, I tried rebooting the phone, and my router numerous times and it would only fix the problem temporarily. but when I turned off the Bluetooth on the phone my connectivity issues went away. now my phone connects to my wifi with no problems. the 4G was never affected, just my home wifi. other then that I love this phone.

Last edited:

eshef

Reaction score
Not wifi, but bluetooth. My car has bluetooth and when I set this phone up, the car kept playing my ring tones! Drove me nuts til I figured out I had to turn the audio off - DOH! I had had it on for navigation...

carpenter

Reaction score
I've had blackberry storm, Gnexus, S3, Note2, HTC dna, razr maxx hd, but lgg2 simply the best!!!
I downloaded google wallet without notification "not supported", didn't link any bank account with it, but....is it really supported with verizon?? Hmm...anybody succesfuly use it on lgg2?

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
480352 said:
Has anyone figured out how to turn gps off image notification bar? Unchecking it in Settings didn't work...

Well, yeah you'll have to root to do that and decompile SystemUI.apk (I guess that's what it's still called). From there you can modify a XML file and remove the entries you don't want to see. You need to decompile the XML as well. Search around on Google.. Different configurations of tools work better for some tham others. And this needs to be done on a PC/Mac (unless there's an app thst can decompile XML files for Android).

I've only flashed a few LG ROMs and thst icon was there. It's it too hard of a mod to do. You might even be able to ask one of the devs here. If I had a working PC I'd hook you up. I'll look around and see if I can find a way to decompile what I need to without a PC as well. Until then you can flash the latest monthly CyanogenMod snapshot. It's 4.3 and extremely stable. You'll lose QSlide and the Remote control (though thst should return soon). The CyanogenMod camera isn't as pretty as LG's but takes pictures and videos just as nice if not better but no panoramic mode or other LG specials. It's blazingly fast in comparison as well, if such a comparison could be made :)
Edit: Back when I used my GNex I modded it to display an image of the current weather in that area so if I can decompile what I need to, it should be easy.

Last edited: