Since this is my section.. might should have a "future goings on" thread.. this is it

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
3/7/12
NOTE: This is for ICS GNex only.. not Bionic stuff (If I start posting that here I would just end up confusing myself later)

Inverted MMS: Done
Inverted GTalk: Done for 4.0.2 and 4.0.3 (4.0.4 is completely done as well, just not posted yet)
Inverted Contacts: Done
Transparent Contacts: Done

Themes:
A Guiding Light: Theme is done and released!! I will make a new thread here later tonight with screens. In the Meantime, check out Sourcery ROM.. you can download the theme from the theme manager inside it. Please let me know if you d/l Sourcery and check out my theme..

Not only is it themed but, the inverted apps you expect are all there.... and then some. All 4.0.4 based.. Inverted Gmail, Gtalk, Email, Voice, MMS... Transparent (yet still readable) phone and contacts (the 1st and only one for the Gnex)...

Gold Dust: Not even started. I do have it completely done for the Bionic though so Im not starting from scratch... Its Next.

Orange Crush: That's right, Orange, a new addition... way out but coming.

So thats the game plan as of now. If you have never seen A Guiding Light, check the Bionic theme section. Versatile1 and I teamed up and made that theme and as of right now I'm still trying to convince him to get a GNex :)

And Versatile got a Gnex!

Last edited:
OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
This post will be about random things I find that people might like but may not know it existed.

1) (All I got so far)... In the stock browser if you go into settings and look around in there, you will find an option for inverted rendering. Check the box and all the white goes away. Inverted with a click!

rohdawg11

Reaction score
1/5/12
NOTE: This is for ICS GNex only.. not Bionic stuff (If I start posting that here I would just end up confusing myself later)

Inverted MMS: Done
Inverted GTalk: Done (with a couple edits to come) couple weeks I would say.
Inverted Contacts: Done
Transparent Contacts: Done
Transparent Email: Got sidetracked.. will happen but I need a new (yet to be invented) apktool.jar file..... 1.4.4 anyone?

Themes:
A Guiding Light: No apps done yet (they are inverted though) and I am down to images that start with the letter N for theming the framework and a lot of xmls are done. SystemUI still needs work. Spent a lot of time playing with (wanting to beat the crap out of) the apktool.jar thats currently out (not real friendly with ICS yet)

Gold Dust: Not even started. I do have it completely done for the Bionic though so Im not starting from scratch... after Guiding Light its next.

Black N Bold: Kept it upto date and added to it for GB, might as well make it for ICS.. what the hell right? Thats a port with permission from thebowers.

After that's all done, I will take a few days to contemplate my life and the time i wasted :blink: and then I will update anything that needs updated and then start taking app requests.

ROMS:

Yeah right.. next

So thats the game plan as of now. If you have never seen A Guiding Light, check the Bionic theme section. Versatile1 and I teamed up and made that theme and as of right now I'm still trying to convince him to get a GNex :)

Ive yet to install a ROM because I am patiently waiting for one I like. When I do that, I will make the themes for it and only it. It's a time thing. Actually I'm just waiting for Actngrezy to get on with it and post his ROM already..lol That's Project Elite.

Thats all I got for now... I think I have done a fairly good job stalling to theme some more frame images... time to get thru N and a couple other letters.

Sweet! Looking forward to alllllll of this.
On another note, do you plan to update your blackout mods to work with Axiom2.4?

Last edited:
OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
OP updated

hanfeitzu02

Reaction score
Been using your blacked out stuff since I rooted. I appreciate the work. I see Sourcery is about to drop, and actually came here to ask if you'd be supporting it. Then I re read the op. Great stuff. Looking forward to it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
OP... updated.. rather large changes too.

hanfeitzu02

Reaction score
3/7/12
A Guiding Light: Theme is done and released!! I will make a new thread here later tonight with screens. In the Meantime, check out Sourcery ROM.. you can download the theme from the theme manager inside it. Please let me know if you d/l Sourcery and check out my theme..

Running Sourcery with your guiding light theme. There is alot to like in here. Glad to see everything sufficiently blacked out. Thats a necessary change in my book.

I've got a couple of observations/ suggestions, but please dont take it as criticism. I know how much work you put into this, and I'll be rocking your theme whether you make any of these changes or not.

In order of importance (to me):

The numbers on the themed keyboard are hard to see. The ones positioned at the top right corner of the letter keys... with the glow effect youve got going on, I can see how doing the same blue glow might lose it in the border... something to think about.

The wifi/ 4g/ 3g icons in the status bar are also kinda hard for me to see... some combination of being small, and that glow effect I think.

In the sourcery thread you asked for ideas for the pulldown backgrounds. I'd love to see something with just like a floating particle effect on a semi-transparent dark background.

Finally (last one I swear), while I like the blur effect, I'd eventually like to see something dark with clean, thin lines. Maybe you've got some images like that just laying around?

Again, awesome work man. Your work has been on my gnex since the day I rooted, and I'll continue to support whether you implement my suggestions or not. Cheers. :biggrin: