[ROM] Simplex-V1.3 | Ics4.04 |10/1/2012 | The Revival!

mouten57

Reaction score
Best ROM I've found for my RAZR so far. Man I love safe strap and the ability to try put 3 ROMs at once. Eclipse was my favorite but Simplex is smoother and sexier. Plus everything works! attention to detail is what makes this ROM a winner. And i love beats volume, advanced options and the power menu. I'll buy u a beer dude!

OP
EmericanX

EmericanX

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Thanks man! Unfortunately through a chain of events i no longer have the RAZR... But Development on it is still looking strong! :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

roadpizza73

Reaction score
I cannot begin to count the hours I've spent looking for what I believe and think this ROM is, a bare-naked ICS 4.0.4 ROM, not kluged over the GB kernal, but on the actual ICS kernal ???

The REAL question I've yet to find answer on this or the other forum I found you'd posted this on is this: is this tried and (praying here now) true on Bionic Targa? I note that the dev shows Bionic as his DD but posts as TapaTalk via Razr.

*fingers crossed* and so hopeful that I'm already downloading :hail:

rp

roadpizza73

Reaction score
Too bad ICS is abandoned on Bionic,

since for many it's plenty good enough, and is probably the pinnacle for this great device . . .

rp:icon_ lala:

radu

Reaction score
Writing here to report that this ROM is working (partially) on RAZR MAXX GSM.
Partially because it only sees the SIM card randomly (Error message "The SIM card is from an unknown source")and it reboots after a few minutes of normal usage.
If there's anything I could do to help development for the GSM version please let me know.
Identifying the process that makes it reboot might be a good first step, is there any way to log and detect that? I tried heavily underclocking it and changing the governor but that doesn't seem to be the problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

zeeboid

Reaction score
Do you have any but do you have any advice for someone who installs it through simple strap but can get i can get it going?

First time I booted it hung on the red eye forever. Literally an hour. I rebooted and restored. but when booting after clicking through simple strap the screen just hung on a black screen before the red eye could come up.

Rooted
Install Simple Strap 3.11
Copy Simplex to SD card
Reboot into SimpleStrap
Wipe Cache
Wipe System
Wipe D-Cache
Install (not in another slot)

Thoughts?

**UPDATE, Tryingn it this morning, after installing it says (when going to reboot) NO OS Found. whahaaa?

***Update Again. just installed it again after wiping everything but system. hanging out on the red eye.... has been for the last 1 hour 10mn.

Last edited:

zeeboid

Reaction score
okay okay, I think I have it figured out, you have to select a slot? can I not install a rom over what exists? I'd rather not have a partition. I dig having only ONE Rom. I simply don't want to go back to the stock rom after using Simplex.

Last edited:

deduct

Reaction score
Zeeboid. Simplex is an ICS ROM. If you are flashing it and are on jb, its not going to work.

jakatak2

Reaction score
I just downloaded the rom, followed the directions, and rebooted. After the Safestrap animation would go away on the reboot, my screen went black and then turned off and rebooted again. I waited and it kept doing this about 4 more times before i stopped it. I tried to wipe the Cache, System, factory reset, and the D-Cache and tried reflashing it again in slot one and also slot two, but same result.

Simplex V1.3
ICS 4.1.2
Safestrap v3.11

PS: Please keep it in pretty simple terms please because I'm new to rooting, thanks.

deduct

Reaction score
I just downloaded the rom, followed the directions, and rebooted. After the Safestrap animation would go away on the reboot, my screen went black and then turned off and rebooted again. I waited and it kept doing this about 4 more times before i stopped it. I tried to wipe the Cache, System, factory reset, and the D-Cache and tried reflashing it again in slot one and also slot two, but same result.

Simplex V1.3
ICS 4.1.2
Safestrap v3.11

PS: Please keep it in pretty simple terms please because I'm new to rooting, thanks.

Are you sure you are not on jelly bean? 4.1.2 is jb

Last edited:

zeeboid

Reaction score
yeah, JB... got used to saying ICS.

I got it to work by creating a slot to put it in. been running it for a few weeks now... boy this thing like to randomly re-boot. and the performance in google hangout is so slow that video calls are difficult, typing Is super laggy.

anyone have thoughts on this?

OP
EmericanX

EmericanX

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
If you are flashing Simplex over the JB kernel that is the source of your problems. It was based on official moto ICS so that was what it was meant for.

As of right now I don't have intentions on updating for JB. I just don't have as much free time these days.

Sent from my VS950 4G using Tapatalk 2