[ROM] Simplex-V1.3 | Ics4.04 |10/1/2012 | The Revival!

InVeNtOr

Reaction score
WIFI tether was able to connect to: Ipad, PS3, and Wii.
i didn't have time to check it with my desktop or retry the laptop. i'll do both of those after work today.

InVeNtOr

Reaction score
hey there,
did you mean i should re-flash v1.3 rom?
did you have any suggestions or ideas conserning that post i made? i didn't notice on v1.2 but now when i hit my search button on the phone nothing happens, i thought the google web page use to open. i did delete "google now" or the google apk that was labled velvet? or something like that. the weather kept coming up and didn't like that.
could you list the steps to re-flash? i have done it several times in the past, but now i am sikeing myself out.
is it:
format data/system
(mounts and storage)
format system
(advanced)
wipe delvik
then install the rom?

was there a "cashe" i had to wipe in there somewhere?

ps, tried sending this PM, but your box was full! dang, someone is important! lol.

InVeNtOr

Reaction score
1. Boot into recovery
2. select wipe data/factory reset...yes
3. select wipe cache partition....yes
4. select mounts and storage
5. format /system
6. format /data
7. select advanced
8. wipe dalvik cache
9. install zip from sdcard
8. choose zip from sdcard
10. select (internal or external sd card - where ever you downloaded the .zip file)
11. ...select it...and yes
12. after install reboot phone

is that correct?

OP
EmericanX

EmericanX

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Simply wipe data/cache then advanced wipe dalvik cache would've been sufficient.

Btw... I cleared some space in my inbox! Lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

InVeNtOr

Reaction score
i think i forgot to wipe cache. maybe that would solve the issue with the lock screen in landscape. maybe i'll do that tonight (if my laptop or computer won't connect).

InVeNtOr

Reaction score
laptop and desktop both connect. not sure if i was tired or what, but it went super smooth, zero issues.
thanks again for hooking that mobile hot spot app up!

EDIT:
here is a "print screen" of speedtest.net. this is the best score i can remember getting.
well, i can't load the pic. it's 14.04mbps download and 4.45mbps upload (if anyone will believe me with out the pic)

Last edited:

fullcircuit

Reaction score
Thanks for a great Rom

This was the first rom I tried after rooting my phone. I started with 1.2. Just did the update to 1.3 and it all works and looks great.

OP
EmericanX

EmericanX

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Nice! Good choice of ROM to get the addiction started! Lol

InVeNtOr

Reaction score
just curious, is there any plan in the future to add the ability to change the toggle widgets? i would like to have a flashlight on there or possible a "quick flashlight" where when the phone is locked, simply holding the power button down, turns the flashlight on. i of course have zero idea how difficult that would be or time consuming.
also, do you think it would ever be possible to change the 4 lock screen apps? the only thing i would like changed is my MMS. i like Go MMS over the stock.
in the first post, the screen shot of the lock screen, where the date and time is written out, how do you change that? that looks really cool.
thanks again!

Cor3yS

Reaction score
Can i backup my 4.0.4 ics stock then erase/flash this use it as long as i please....flash back to stock with matts utility?

burtonboarder

Reaction score
Is there an issue where you won't receive pictures? I can send them, but won't receive them. This just barely started a few days after flashing this

OP
EmericanX

EmericanX

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Shouldn't be. I just received an mms a few minutes ago

burtonboarder

Reaction score
Shouldn't be. I just received an mms a few minutes ago

I figured it out. My little girl got ahold of it and managed to change a bunch of settings

roleto

Reaction score
I’m really enjoying this ROM, everything is working great. The calendar really looks good with the dark background (inverted, I guess), but I have a difficult time reading it. Is there any way that I can swap out the installed Google calendar with an unmodified original Google calendar? If so how would I delete the installed calendar, and where would I find an unmodified Google calendar? I’m new to this stuff, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks!