[ROM] Simplex-V1.3 | Ics4.04 |10/1/2012 | The Revival!

Dr.G

Reaction score
How can i update some of the gapps? There is a YouTube and Play Music update but it won't let me update

OP
EmericanX

EmericanX

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
They should update just fine. What happens when you attempt?

Worst case use a root explorer and delete the apps that won't update. Then install as normal from the play store

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Dr.G

Reaction score
It says that the package file was not signed correctly

OP
EmericanX

EmericanX

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Odd. I haven't come across that issue. Easiest thing I can say for the time being is what I mentioned before. Delete then install from the play store.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Dr.G

Reaction score
Did that. Tried to re-install but it wouldn't work so I booted into safestrap and cleared the cache partition and dalvik cache. But yes that is odd. I also wasn't even given a notification that they needed to be updated. I was browsing the play market and it said update when i was going through one of the categories. I went into my apps to make sure i wasn't already notified but no update was there... Weird huh

adrialk

Reaction score
Tried installing 1.0.1, but got stuck on the M with the water ripples. I gave it 20 minutes before restarting and disabling the SAFE partition to get back to stock.

How long should it take? This is my first time flashing a rom on this phone. Safestrap indicated that the flash was successful, and while it normally takes a while for the first startup, 20mins seemed excessive.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

OP
EmericanX

EmericanX

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hour absolutely right. Thats too long. If you try again make sure to do all of your wipes.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Bonkers

Reaction score
Just my luck, downloaded the old version while you were apparently updating this one lol. ROM is working great however, just ran V6 Supercharger on it and I am screaming through everything. Will get around to updating this one because ironically I was checking out some of the scripts to OC my processor and low and behold here it is while I wasnt looking lol. :p

OP
EmericanX

EmericanX

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
lol... good to hear its working out for you!

btw: I've updated the mod's post with alternate batteries!!!

adrialk

Reaction score
I am up and running now after remembering to wipe data, etc... but the YouTube app force closes as soon as I open it. Any thoughts?

Just tried reflashing without any wipes and it did not fix it.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX

OP
EmericanX

EmericanX

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I would try first to goto settings/apps/all and wipe data for youtube.

Next check to make sure there isnt a youtube in /data/app...

You're the only one to report this issue. So final if neither of those do the trick.. use a root explorer and navigate to /system/app to delete youtube..

doniago

Reaction score
Soooo....I used TiBU to backup my stuff, then went into -stock- recovery and cleared data and cache before I tried installing the ROM...and then I realized what SafeStrap 2.0 really meant.

Booted up the phone as cleaned-up stock and installed SafeStrap, then ran the rom and the market update and the battery update...looks beautiful, but Calendar and Maps are missing (possibly other things as well) and I'm not sure what happened there. Should I try just reinstalling them from TiBU, or...?

Any help appreciated!

OP
EmericanX

EmericanX

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Did you restore with titanium backup?

The apps that are not showing up you need to check /system/app and /data/app to make sure you dont have multiple instances of the apps.. keep in mind they may be named different..