[ROM] Simplex-V1.3 | Ics4.04 |10/1/2012 | The Revival!

InVeNtOr

Reaction score
Ok, found 1 issue,
Cant get the phone to 100% charge. It will stay at 99% no matter how long i keep it on the charger.
Side note, any way to change the battery symbol?

OP
EmericanX

EmericanX

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Its at 100% even if it shows only 99... jist need to make an adjustment to the xml is all..

There is a way to easily change the battery icon. MasturMOD settings that can be found via DroidHive works with this ROM.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

InVeNtOr

Reaction score
Thanks!
Followed instructions.....circle glow battery works just fine....4G circle mod, not so much. Tried it a few times, it still hasnt changed.
Thanks again for battery mod info!

InVeNtOr

Reaction score
The circle battery mod program i used, that u suggested, now shows 100% on full charge. None of the 4G mods worked. I didnt try anything else on that program.

InVeNtOr

Reaction score
DUDE! i have no idea how, but using speedtest.net app, i check my speeds, i just got 20.33mbs download and 12+ upload! I hope its because its this rom! I normally get about 15mbs.

OP
EmericanX

EmericanX

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Though I would love to say its ROM related. My guess is its network related. I could pull 24-27 down at my GF's old place.. on average its 12 to 15.. so it really depends on the area you're in.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

InVeNtOr

Reaction score
here are the apps i deleted....

Gmail.apk
MotoDockHelperService.apk
OutOfBox.apk
LiveWallpapers.apk
MotorolaAccountSetup.apk
Swype.apk
SmartActions.apk
blur-services.apk
SetupProvider.apk
MagicSmokeWallpapers.apk
Tasks.apk
Talk.apk
StickyNoteWidget.apk
Exchange.apk
Launcher2.apk
FileManager.apk
SmartCarDock.apk
ForestWallpaper.apk
GenieWidget.apk
SmartActionFW.apk
YouTube.apk
SetupSettings.apk
DockService.apk
VSuiteApp.apk
SmartDock.apk
LiveWallpapersPicker.apk

in case some people reading this don't know how to delete system apps.....

open up a terminal....
*type: su (enter)
*type: mount -o rw,remount /system (enter)
*type: rm -r /system/app/(name of app).apk (enter)

you also don't have to retype the first two lines if you are deleting multiple apps.....

example.....

su
mount -o rw,remount /system
rm -r /system/app/Tasks.apk
rm -r /system/app/Talk.apk
rm -r /system/app/Swype.apk
rm -r /system/app/Gmail.apk

you would have just deleted 4 apps.
of course be careful, make a backup before you delete anything.....blah...blah....blah..

oh conserning the battery showing only 99%....now that i changed the icon, it will show 100% while charging, when you unplug it from the charger, it will show 100% for a few seconds. so i am assuming the phone is saying.....100% charge = 100 and 99.9% charge = 99.
other than that, man, this rom is amazing. again, awesome job!

aktrazer

Reaction score
Just installed it, worked like a charm! Quick question though, where did BackupAssistant+ go? I use that to sync all of my wifi passwords and such.

OP
EmericanX

EmericanX

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Removed from the ROM. Lol... I'll look into what's needed for it to work and see about getting a patch for you though.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

irysh13

Reaction score
question

newbish question pertaining to this rom...I currently am on stock rooted rom 2.3.6 and have had no real reason of changing until i saw your rom. I know your post says that it can only be done with a version of ICS and thru safestrap. If i have safestrap loaded on my phone but obviously not a version of ICS as of now, i will not be able to run this rom on my phone? I guess more importantly, i should be asking if the 2.3.6 version is an ICS version or no? again, a bit newbish of questions but im just a low profile user who likes tweaks here and there.

thanks for any replies. ill keep watch in my email for responses.

Last edited:

california

Reaction score
I love this ROM! I use the Jellybean theme for Apex and it makes it even better! :p
One thing though, can you add the Clear All function in the browser? I had it on stock, but now if I want to clear everything, I have to press "Clear History, Clear Cookies, Clear...." one by one. :icon_eek:

Rashiv

Reaction score
I love the rom first one that works with stereo bluetooth. One lil minor request if you do any updates for this rom. Could you possibly do one for the lock screen instead of slide to unlock or slide to camera,messages etc.... could make it were tap the lock icon then tap the icon you want to go like stock rom has. Just asking.

OP
EmericanX

EmericanX

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'll have to look into it. I didn't like the way the stock lock screen looked which is why I went with the AOSP... but if I can come up with a cleaned up version I'll put it together as an option.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

drewdown757

Reaction score
im loving this rom! just wondering if theres anyway to remove or turn off the google search bar on the home screen without changing launchers?

OP
EmericanX

EmericanX

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Nope. That's completely launcher related.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2