Severe memory problems (dialer storage)

xl14298x

Reaction score
For about the past two weeks, my phone has been displaying the "low on space" notification, and when I click on the notification, it shows that dialer storage is at the very top with 68.29MB of data. I'm aware that dialer storage is where the phone keeps the text messages, however, at this stage I can no longer even delete messages or threads with the default messaging app, which tells me "Unable to manage your messages because your storage is full. Please delete content from other applications to make more space."
I use a market app to text, however, I cant delete old messages there either. Ive set limits on messages (800) but that hasn't done anything. Ive also cleared data from over 90% of my apps, including mail, etc. I don't understand how or why I have low space because my phone says it has 149MB of total space, and somehow only 580KB remaining. I have nothing other than dialer storage that takes up over even 5MB of data.
ive also tried moving apps to the SD card, to no avail, as well as wiping the cache partition numerous times.
I have the HTC droid incredible, version 2.3.4, and I also cant update due to "low space." I'm not rooted and I refuse to root or factory reset my phone.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Is it possible it's your phone call history and not text messages that are taking up the space. What happens if you delete the phone history?

OP
X

xl14298x

Reaction score
Is it possible it's your phone call history and not text messages that are taking up the space. What happens if you delete the phone history?

At some point, I thought so too, and I cleared the call history as well and it didn't remove much from the dialer storage, if anything at all. Basically, nothing happened when I deleted it.