Low on Space message

CannibalAngel

Reaction score
Hello all;

I recently (in the last hour) started to get a Low on space notification telling me that Application data space is low. Whenever I select the message it takes me to the Manage Applications screen under the All tab.

I was relatively sure that I was not low on space so I checked under Settings>SD & Phone Storage. As I thought It says that I have 7.80GB free of 14.83GB SD card space, 6.36GB free of 6.60GB Phone Storage, and 450MB available of 748MB of Phone Memory. According to those numbers I am not low on space by any means.

I have reset my phone multiple times but the Low on space notification keeps coming back. I can not figure out why it is coming up or how to get rid of it. I am running stock 2.2. Baseband 2.15.00.07.28. Kernel 2.6.32.17-g9a2fc16htc-kernel@u18000-Build-149 #1. Build number 3.26.605.1 CL264707 release-keys. Software number 3.26.605.1. I was rooted at one point but Have since unrooted with a method on these forums.

Any help would be appreciated!

SM.Redneck

Reaction score
:confused:I have recently started getting the same message. Uninstalled some apps and cleared some caches, message quit, but came back. Suddenly, after a couple of reboots it quit appearing.
Total space 3.78GB
Available Space 1.63
Internal 6.46
Available 6.33
Memory 748
Available 548

HTC Android rest if my information same as CannibalAngel, except phone was never rooted.

OP
C

CannibalAngel

Reaction score
I tried a suggestion from another user on here to download the apps to SD app and clear the cashe that way. I tried it but It didn't work for me. I also moved most of my apps (all but 7 actually) to the SD card to see if that would work. It didn't.

I am still looking for a solution. I may take it to Verizon next weekend if it continues.

Takami826

Reaction score
I'm getting this too and it makes zero sense to me. I barely have any apps and I have the 16gb card from my Moto Droid 1 in there... is it perhaps a flaw or quirk in the phone software itself?

chalie1980

Reaction score
I'm getting this also, so I deleted a bunch of apps and cleared data before I deleted them but still no luck, can only install stuff from the market, n I mainly install stuff from the net.

SM.Redneck

Reaction score
I just spoke with Verizon Technical Level 2 and they had this answer; Since the Android market has little control, over the apps that are uploaded, there may be some malicious apps that give either false messages or on occasion, actually use excessive memory. Their suggestion is to uninstall all added apps and add back in, one at a time to see which is causing the issue.
I went a step further and installed the following app; "Android Assistant", which has a 'cache cleaner' that displays a list of apps and their Cache use. This seems to have aided me in location 2 apps that use a bunch; "K-9 Mail and Facebook". Cleaning their cache's seemed to reduce the frequency of the error. In fact, i have not seen the message in the last couple of days.

chalie1980

Reaction score
Sounds like alot of work, what if I just reinstalled the rom I'm running.....would that work?

OP
C

CannibalAngel

Reaction score
I was running stock when getting this message. I rooted and flashed the FusionICE ROM. The message went away and hasn't re-appeared since I flashed it last night. Looks like I am good for now. Must be an isulsue with stock 2.2 Sense. Will post anything else I find.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

chalie1980

Reaction score
Its nothing to do with stock 2.2 sends due to I didn't start getting it untilled I was rooted and running us 3.1.1 rom, I'm just gonna try to reflash the rom n hope it go away, ill let you all know.

Losman

Reaction score
Glad you got it fixed. I think your dead on with the sense 2.2 update having something to do with it. Might root my Inc. Sick of all this bloatware specially that b*tch called skype!

Sent from Droid Inc.

OP
C

CannibalAngel

Reaction score
That is weird. I was getting it on Stock 2.2 HTC Sense non-rooted. After I rooted again and flashed a custom ROM the low space message went away and hasn't come back since. Hopefully re-flashing your ROM takes care of it for you.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

RockinRealtor

Reaction score
Only happening on SoundHound Infinity install for me

I keep getting the "Out of Space" message but only on SoundHound Inifinty. I have tried multiple reboots, removed a ton of stuff from the sd card to be safe (even though it'snot low on space), installed the Android Assistant. Nothing is working. It was working fine before. I had it installed as a the free Amazon App Store app of the day and then it said there was an update available and that's when I started getting the message. I've been able to install other apps from the app store since as well as apps from the Market, but this one keeps giving me the message.

I have used:
166.5MM of 261.7MB available Internal
13634MB of 15288MB available SD

I'm using a rooted Droid 1 running Project Elite v4.2, Android 2.2.1, Build FRG83D

Anyone have any suggestions?

m6droid

Reaction score
Same thing happened to my girlfriend.

I deleted the thousands of text messages she had in her phone and suddenly all was well. :)

Check your texts...

RockinRealtor

Reaction score
Mine isn't a low on space - it's "out of space"

So I tried to post my earlier issue as a new thread and it was considered cross posting I guess. Sorry about that. My problem still exists and it is not a "low on space" issue it is an "out of space" issue. Will someone please allow me to post a new thread since I don't think my issue is part of this threads issue?

It only happens when I try to reinstall SoundHound Infinity from the Amazon App Store. Thanks.

parfu

Reaction score
Low on Space msg

I've been getting the same low space alert since late last week. I uninstalled the latest app I had downloaded and the msg went away, for a day or two. It's back again. Even kept me out of texting for an hour yesterday.

I have noticed that many apps keep restarting on their own despite me running Advance App Killer. Esp Skype - I never use it and can't figure out how to uninstall it.

I had the same msg initially after the 2.2 upgrade way back. Eventually it went away. I'm hoping it's the same thing now. But, I'll keep an eye on this thread in case someone finds the exact source.