Low on Space Message even after Root

browning85

Reaction score
My phone was giving me the Low on Space message even with all movable apps on the SD card and plenty of space on both. Learned that it was due to a glitch were you can only have ~150MB on internal storage.

So I rooted my phone using the unrevoked method, bought a 8GB Class 6 SD card, created a 2nd partion on the SD card, and then moved the remaining apps to the 2nd partion using Link2SD. I even froze of the unwanted apps using Titanium backup.

For some reason I am getting the Low on Space message again, and I cant figure out why. I have 645MB free on Internal, 4.95GB free on SD, 232MB free on SD Card 2nd Partition. I do not want to flash a custom rom at this time.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you.

hotdog12

Reaction score
I had this "low on space" problem. I shut down Facebook and Twitter, cleared all their caches and the problem has been gone for weeks. I think these social media loads a lot of junk and is a poorly written app.

Sent from DInc

OP
B

browning85

Reaction score
I think I figured out the problem. I just don't know how to fix it. I was using the DiskUsage app and noticed that the directory /data/data only has 149MB dedicated to it, and I only have 5.84MB free. 21.7 MB is being used for System data. The rest is being used by various apps.

So how do I move my app data to the SD card to free up more space in this directory?

hotdog12

Reaction score
Have you tried the app2sd app? It moves a ton of different apps to the card.

Sent from DInc

bobarry

Reaction score
Fixing space problem

Repeating what I have learned from reading LOTS of forum post - its the space in the /data/data partition that kills you. Not the other memory amounts elsewhere.

I wrote a long step by step procedure which works fine for me on another forum.
Cleaning the cache, moving the big programs using the NotEnoughSpace app does it for me. Just moving them to the SD card doesn't solve the problem.

The RootExplorer app will show you the size of /data/data.

Hope that helps.

Bo

PS I have over 200 apps with no problems.