Can I move "Dialer Storage" memory somewhere other than the Application data space?

Incredibly Droid

Reaction score
I have a rooted Droid Inc. and keep getting the "Application data is low on space" message. I don't have very many apps but my dialer storage is 85MB!! I have cleared all SMS/MMS and the cache on all apps that would allow as well as used Titanium Back-up to freeze the bloatware. My question is, is there a way to either A) allocate more of my 150MB out of 750MB to application data (or take the restriction off completely) or B) move the "Dialer Storage" memory somewhere else? If so how? I am rooted. Thanks!

PS: What happens if I clear the data for dialer storage? loose contacts?

OP
I

Incredibly Droid

Reaction score
Just deleted data from dialer storage and it brought it down from 85MB to 72KB. yeah... wow. Apparently from what I found, the dialer storage also stores messages that don't get sent or have errors and they will back up in the dialer storage data over time and deleting messages doesn't delete this data. Cleared the data under Settings-->Applications-->Running-->Dialer Storage and it seemed to have cleared up almost 85MB. It did not delete my call history or contacts, btw.