Screen Shots and Discussion for themes 1.0

shocka2430

Reaction score
You could take your framework and edit the status bar or take framework from the stock theme and put it into your framework and then adb push it back while in recovery. Kov also has a gray status bar in his version of the droid x theme thats in this thread.

Armyof2

Reaction score
You could take your framework and edit the status bar or take framework from the stock theme and put it into your framework and then adb push it back while in recovery. Kov also has a gray status bar in his version of the droid x theme thats in this thread.

there anything in particular i need to have in order to edit the status bar...as far as actually making/editing these themes i'm kinda clueless...i'm way better at just installing them lol

shocka2430

Reaction score
Well you would need adb so you can push and pull files from your phone. Then any photo editor, I use photoshop and I have also used photo pos pro which is free, there is also gimp I think and others. What you would have to do is hook your phone up to your pc then use adb to pull your framework go into the res/drawable-hdpi folder and look for statusbar9.png if i recall correctly and edit it to your liking. Then boot into recovery and mount your system, I used to not have to but now i do or it dont work, then use adb and push your framework back. If you need the correct commands and stuff just shoot me a pm and i will give the full details just to much to type out and dont want to overrun the thread.

OP
bgill55

bgill55

Silver Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Well you would need adb so you can push and pull files from your phone. Then any photo editor, I use photoshop and I have also used photo pos pro which is free, there is also gimp I think and others. What you would have to do is hook your phone up to your pc then use adb to pull your framework go into the res/drawable-hdpi folder and look for statusbar9.png if i recall correctly and edit it to your liking. Then boot into recovery and mount your system, I used to not have to but now i do or it dont work, then use adb and push your framework back. If you need the correct commands and stuff just shoot me a pm and i will give the full details just to much to type out and dont want to overrun the thread.

if you edit a .9 image you will lose the patch. so after you edit it run it through the draw 9 patch tool in your sdk

Armyof2

Reaction score
What if I edited straight from the zip file and then flashed as i would any other theme is that viable? I'm on stock theme right now til i get bearings on what i want

Armyof2

Reaction score
Lol I think i'm just going to either deal with the black bar or hold off until something comes along...this is a bit beyond me to be honest

shocka2430

Reaction score
Yes you could do that. Make sure to do what bgill said, he knows more then i do lol. Pm sent ArmyOf2.

Last edited:

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

if you edit a .9 image you will lose the patch. so after you edit it run it through the draw 9 patch tool in your sdk
Then you have to run it through Eclipse to embed the 1 pixel border or else you'll end up with an image with a black pixel around the borders.

In fact, Armyof2, if you want I'll make it for you. let me know what exact theme file you downloaded and are currently running. I'll make a new statusbar_background.9.png for you and load it back into the theme zip file. You can just re-flash it and the status bar will be changed.
You want a gray or white background? Like the stock background?

Armyof2

Reaction score

Then you have to run it through Eclipse to embed the 1 pixel border or else you'll end up with an image with a black pixel around the borders.

In fact, Armyof2, if you want I'll make it for you. let me know what exact theme file you downloaded and are currently running. I'll make a new statusbar_background.9.png for you and load it back into the theme zip file. You can just re-flash it and the status bar will be changed.

Shocka actually just hit me up with the same offer a bit earlier so it's in the works

...thats why I love this ROM the community rocks.dancedroid

shocka2430

Reaction score
Let Carlz do it i keep messing up with the draw 9 patch. He's alot better at it then me and knows what he's doing lol. I gave it a shot.

Armyof2

Reaction score

I'm going to be using the Gala S theme that is on the wiki
Easier if i throw the link I suppose

I'm looking for the kinda gray/white bar that the droid x framework Kov threw up here earlier and new simplistic theme dmartins is working on have

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'm looking for the kinda gray/white bar that the droid x framework Kov threw up here earlier and new simplistic theme dmartins is working on have
Got a link to that? for visual idea?

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Got a link to that? for visual idea?

This is the Simplistic bar
Neither one of those links had a file that had a gray status bar...one was transparent and the other was a pretty dark gray...so I made one myself real quick.
let me know if you like it or not.
gotta head to work soon so I wont be able to adjust anything until later tonight. I have a feeling what I made is a little darker than what is in those screenshots..but either way let me know.

http://www.carlz28.com/gala/sapphire-1.0.0-gala_s-theme-update.zip

Armyof2

Reaction score
Neither one of those links had a file that had a gray status bar...one was transparent and the other was a pretty dark gray...so I made one myself real quick.
let me know if you like it or not.
gotta head to work soon so I wont be able to adjust anything until later tonight. I have a feeling what I made is a little darker than what is in those screenshots..but either way let me know.

http://www.carlz28.com/gala/sapphire-1.0.0-gala_s-theme-update.zip

A bit dark but pretty close to what i'm looking for...problem is only the bare bar is showing i'm not seeing signal strength or battery or any of the texts in the bar it self