Sapphire 0.7.0 Location Information Issue

Armyof2

Reaction score
I just did this - nearly the same resulting issues. The browser will now show the current location, however weather/news and IMDB (possibly others) will not pick up the current location.

Did you just go in to the widgets and hit refresh...that is what did it for me...

Wow - I feel a little stupid now....that totally worked :)

Yup, totally worked for me as well dancedroid

Armyof2

Reaction score
Guys I had the issue too..this is what lot of people did and it worked: go back to the stock 0.6.2 after a wipe. let all the apps download from the market through sync. Once all the apps are installed then install 0.7 over it without wiping. Location bug is fixed this way...it worked for a lot of people.

For the voice search use root explorer and replace the voice seacrh.apk from 0.6.2. Change permissions to rw-r-r. REBOOT. Will work.

yes moving the apk in to the system/apps folder is not enough to make this work...

using root explorer you must move the apk to the system/apps folder ( make sure at the top you change the little button to R/W so you can make the changes)

then it will ask you do you want to replace the existing one...say yes...

then go to the apk and long press on it...

select permissions...

user check read and write

Group check read only

Others check read only

THen you must reboot.

NOTE: if you tried to install the apk like an app you will also run in to an issues cause you will have one in the data/app folder as well...

you must delete this before beginning...it will cause you problems

I tried the above fix as well... No go, I'm wondering if the fact that I reinstalled all of my apps through my Titanium backup originally caused the problem. I looked in the data/app folder for anything related to the network location apk and couldn't find any thing obvious. I don't have a problem with MAPs finding my location, only the browser (stock) and the News and Weather widget. Before I tried the above fix I was receiving a never ending "Acquiring location" after trying the above fix it changed to "Location unavailable update" (yes I tried the update, no go) I'm pretty sure I can wait for the next release, and will keep watching the forums for other ideas while waiting...:)

cb
The method of installing 0.6.2, getting everything in place and then doing the .7 without wiping worked flawlessly for me