Just got up the nerve to root my Droid today. It went fine except.....

gatecitycanes

Reaction score
.....for a couple of issues.

First off, I installed Sapphire 0.7.0 as described in this this excellent walkthrough. Everything went flawlessly. No issues at all.

Now my phone is up and running but the issues I'm having is that my Beautiful Widget is not getting weather information (just displaying 0 degrees and no location info). Also, I know I'm supposed to re-download my apps from the Market but only three are showing up.

I appreciate any help and I'm sure I'm missing or leaving out an important detail so feel free to ask me anything. I've tried searching but I'm afraid that maybe I don't know enough about the process to know exactly what I'm looking for.

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
I am not sure what help I can give you but here it goes............

Did you restore your apps through a backup app of some kind (i.e. Titanium or MyBackup Pro)? When applying your widget in Beautiful Widgets did you re-setup your settings? Tap on your widget, once opened hit menu then go to settings (or preferences) and select your location and look through all the other settings.

As for your apps in the market that are missing. Double check cvpcs' threads. I know that with 0.8.4 some of us had to apply a market hack in order for all our apps to be visible and download. Basically the market and apps are not playing nice with some of the 2.2 ROM. So sapphire has a hack that when applied tricks the market into thinking that you are still on 2.1 thus allowing you to see all your apps and download all your apps. I am not certain this is the case with 0.7 but I would check their section here on the forums. You can also post questions there as they are very quick with answers and helps. I am sure that as time passes and all the app developers update their apps this hack will no longer be necessary.

Hopefully this helps you.

OP
gatecitycanes

gatecitycanes

Reaction score
Thanks for the info dlwhtrose. After some trial-and-error I think I've gotten a happy ending.

I played around with some different ROMS in ROM Manager and settled on Bugless Beast 0.4. It was able to get a few more of my apps but not all of them. I wiped it again and reinstalled and, voila! The market had all my apps and I'm back in business!

I'm pretty pleased with my first rooting experience. It was a fun little project for the day.

Lucas5

Reaction score
That good to hear that it's working. I had similar experiences with some of the ROMs when i first rooted my Droid. I had a Cyanogenmod 5.0.8 (android 2.1+update1) for very long time since it ran very stable, fast and some of the froyo 2.2 ROMs were just too unstable on my phone.
I have finally settled down with a stable Froyo 2.2 ROM that's running great: Simply Stunning 4.4 and an overclocked kernel 1.0ghz.