Samsung is Back with a New Humorous iPhone Bashing Ad

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

It's been a while since we have seen Samsung employ their Apple-bashing marketing technique to their commercials, but it was such a success before, it was bound to return. Such is the case with the above video.

This time, Samsung is poking fun at the iPhone's relatively weak battery life by depicting a sea of "wall huggers" forever tethered to the nearest outlet to charge their devices. This add also happens to be surprisingly apropos considering the new information we reported earlier about TSA flights into the U.S. requiring passengers to turn on their devices before getting past security checkpoints.

As usual, Samsung's marketing team did a great job with the tongue-in-cheek humor with this ad. It almost makes you feel sorry for iPhone users, because as it turns out, the facts actually support the funny ad. Although what we see in the video is obviously an exaggeration, a number of studies recently have revealed that the iPhone 5S battery life is behind a large number of Android phones, even older ones like the HTC One M7 and the Samsung Galaxy S4.

In fact, it's even behind the BlackBerry Z10 and the Nokia Lumia 1020. Yikes!

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
As one who notices stuff most people ignore, I have noticed that when you see someone driving and talking on their phone, if you see a cord attached to it, far far more times than not it's an iPhone they're talking on. Reminds me of the old analog days actually when being plugged in to use your "mobile" phone was a must.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Lol. Typical Samsung poking fun at the iPhone battery life.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Funny lol

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
The part I really like about this is the "user-swap-able" battery. That doesn't just poke at iPhone it pokes at other manufacturers who have decided to go with embedded batteries. Currently I have to carry an external power-pack with me just in case. While that works, when it does become necessary to plug it in it's still cumbersome especially since I can't put the phone back in it's holster while charging.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Agree XSylus: They shoulld include an HTC and a Motorola in the ad.
Remember the old days when every Android had an SD Slot and a removable battery? THose were the days. Things that completely set every Droid apart from iPhone.
Google and the manufacturers totally fucked that up if you ask me.
Moto and HTC said "we took away replaceable batteries because it allows us to make thinner phones".... and they stood by that. Hello? iPhone and S5 aren't very fat phones.
Forced obsolescence. Perfected by Apple, copied by... everyone. Except Samsung.