Motorola Trolls Samsung and iPhone With Their New Ad

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
moto-z2-play-6116-013-jpg.78089

Right after the iPhone X was announced we saw Samsung mock the new device by releasing their "Growing Up" ad which shows a guy grow tired of iPhone's over the year and eventually upgrades to the Note 8. The ad ends with the same guy passing by a line of iPhone X customers one of which has his hair styled after the iPhone X's top notch.

Motorola's ad picks up where Samsung's ad left off. Presumably the same guy walking away from the Apple line arrives at home and shows his girl friend his Note 8. She then pulls out her Moto Z2 Play with the projector Mod and the guy is stunned once again! I am kind of loving these ads which take little hits at the competition. You can find the "Up-upgrade" video by Motorola below. What do you think?

Attachments

• moto-z2-play-6116-013.jpg
    moto-z2-play-6116-013.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 2,136

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
Have to say that is a pretty good Ad Upgrade but the Moto Z Play in sheer Performance is not an Upgrade. Coming from the Moto Z Force to the Note8 was a Big Upgrade. My Note8 Rarely gets warm and has no lag. My Z Force got warm and sometime hot. Although the Moto Mods are Cool they get Expensive. Plus not so Convenient to Carry around. i have my Hasselblad, JBL and OffGrid Power Mod plus a Samsung 5,200mAh Bank in a little Case that i can clip to Belt. Its not Comfortable but was nice to use.

613GZjAQWRL._SL1000_.jpg

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Whether it really is an up-upgrade or not, I thought it was a decent commercial and posted it here also. I don't really consider it "trolling" as much as just poking a little fun at the competition.

Who picked up the new Moto Z2 force edition?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
Definitely a Fun ad. I like them. Curious to see if anyone continues from there.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I know someone who bought a Moto Z Force because she saw a commercial for one on-line. She liked the idea of the JBL Soundboost speaker. She knew I was a long time Moto user and asked to see my phone. She bought one that day.

Last edited:

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Although the Moto Mods are Cool they get Expensive. Plus not so Convenient to Carry around. i have my Hasselblad, JBL and OffGrid Power Mod plus a Samsung 5,200mAh Bank in a little Case that i can clip to Belt. Its not Comfortable but was nice to use.

My god, you actually carried all that around? LOL Were you a boy scout? Dude's prepared for everything. :D

Of course the Note 8 doesn't get hot. NONE of the new flagships with the new Snapdragon Processor do. If you'd have gone Z2, you'd be pretty pleased, too. And your mods would still work. And, of course, we knew it was only a matter of time until the mods got cheaper. Hell, they've been giving the projector away since the Z2 came out. Originally supposed to be a 30 day only thing.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
I got projector for free with original z force in 2016, ended up selling it on eBay for $250.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Of course the Note 8 doesn't get hot. NONE of the new flagships with the new Snapdragon Processor do.

Er...My Essential phone with the new 835 snap did get hot when I was running the 360 camera. I was so shocked I turned off the phone for 10 minutes just so that it could cool. Gotta protect my precious investment ya know.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
The only phone I've used extensively that did not get hot was an iPhone 6.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
The Z2 Force, The Note 8, The V30, The U11, even the S8: don't get hot.

Sent from my Moto Z2 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I can't remember my Z Force ever getting hot while using it. I don't play games, so maybe that's why?

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
What about Maps? That usually generates some heat.

Sent from my Moto Z2 using Tapatalk