Samsung Ends Production.. Bye Bye Galaxy Note 7

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Using the Note name is suicide..
I'm holding out for the next note or whatever they want to call it. It's no more suicide than buying any device with a lithium battery. They all have potential to have an undetected flaw that could cause them to explode. I find it interesting that when the iPhone had this problem, it didn't get near the bad rap that Samsung is.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

OP
Jeffrey

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I'm holding out for the next note or whatever they want to call it. It's no more suicide than buying any device with a lithium battery. They all have potential to have an undetected flaw that could cause them to explode. I find it interesting that when the iPhone had this problem, it didn't get near the bad rap that Samsung is.

Industry strategists are suggesting that Sammy use a different name as the Note name is now tarnished. Good or bad, the average person will shy away from buying the device.. Just human nature.. Therefore, using the name is suicide.

Apple didn't claim they fixed the issue and then have the fixed units blow up.
I have no mercy for Samsung. They didn't do their do diligence and deliver an acceptable safe product.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Only problem is that Ford and Bridgestone figured out what was wrong with tires and tread separation.

Samsung on other hand has no clue what is causing their phones to spontaneously combust. I'd be weary of anything lithium powered and samsung branded.
http://engt.co/2dJizHo

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'm seeing an interesting take on the name on Twitter. Someone I follow asked if people think that Samsung will rebrand the entire Galaxy line of phones. A great argument for that is that the average consumer knows that a Samsung Galaxy phone had these issues, but may not even know the difference between the Note and the S series.

Kind of a valid point that I hadn't thought of. The Note name, imo, is tarnished for sure, but what about the Galaxy name?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Only problem is that Ford and Bridgestone figured out what was wrong with tires and tread separation.

Samsung on other hand has no clue what is causing their phones to spontaneously combust. I'd be weary of anything lithium powered and samsung branded.
http://engt.co/2dJizHo
And how long did it take Ford & Bridgestone to figure it out? The phone has only been out a couple months. I'm sure Samsung will figure it out... if those with the burning phones turned them over, which they aren't. That screams bull right there. The two that have been turned over to Samsung probably haven't even arrived at Samsung yet. Given that 27 of the 35 original fires were bogus, I have to wonder whether the five burning phones from the new batch are even legit!

I still think it's corporate warfare. Happens all the time. Smart phone manufacturers can't compete with Samsung's latest devices so are desperate to ruin their reputation. Imo.

Last edited:

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I'm seeing an interesting take on the name on Twitter. Someone I follow asked if people think that Samsung will rebrand the entire Galaxy line of phones. A great argument for that is that the average consumer knows that a Samsung Galaxy phone had these issues, but may not even know the difference between the Note and the S series.

Kind of a valid point that I hadn't thought of. The Note name, imo, is tarnished for sure, but what about the Galaxy name?
The next Samsung generation of phones will be called Samsung Universe! Because nothing in the universe can compare, !

Amagine

Reaction score
Either way. This was the right move by Samsung. This isn't defective screens or such. This is a battery with the potential to cause harm. Even one or two defects of this nature could result in serious litigation.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Samsung needs to change all their names, including Samsung for their mobile division or be willing to wait years, possibly decades, for the Samsung name to recover much less Galaxy or Note.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Samsung needs to change all their names, including Samsung for their mobile division or be willing to wait years, possibly decades, for the Samsung name to recover much less Galaxy or Note.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><
I think you're making a bigger deal out of this than the public will. Samsung isn't tarnished beyond repair. I do think a name change would be a great idea though

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk