Run Windows 95 In Your Web Browser

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I may be weird but as a 29 year old male I find myself interested in vintage tech. I love hearing the stories of old timers spending days punching out programs on cards for a computing process that took a few minutes. From the stories of the rat race to see who could own the latest and greatest Commadore PC, to the mention of someone owning an Apple II I could listen for hours to these stories.

I have seen some old tech in my day. I remember the first PC we ever had growing up had a 3GB HDD, a high speed 56k modem, CD Rom drive, and a fresh copy of Windows 95! I remember the first time I entered a chat room, or heard the phrase "You've Got Mail". The days of AOL where beyond belief, we were living in the future. Thanks to a 19 year old developer from Scottland named "Andrea Faulds" you can relive the good old days.

His version of Windows 95 works in any web browser. It uses emscripten which is an emulator that converts C++ code to Javascript. You get all the classic games like solitaire and minesweeper along with everything else that came with Windows 95! To try this out just click the link below to launch it!

via Windows 95 Emscripten

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
LMAO....Windows 95 in a browser running on javascript - why not just send me a virus to load on my computer?

Reactions: cr6

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
it tells you that you may be violating copyright law... I wonder if MS will require him to take it down.

I also use noscript.... so it's not working right kinda a cool idea though.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Like the concept but yeah at this point I would be more impressed if I could use windows 10 or even windows xp, as I was able to use Windows 95 on my iPhone 3gs back in the day. No bashing meant for the op as I understand wanting to load it up for nostalgic purposes.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score

I may be weird but as a 29 year old male I find myself interested in vintage tech. I love hearing the stories of old timers spending days punching out programs on cards for a computing process that took a few minutes. From the stories of the rat race to see who could own the latest and greatest Commadore PC, to the mention of someone owning an Apple II I could listen for hours to these stories.

I have seen some old tech in my day. I remember the first PC we ever had growing up had a 3GB HDD, a high speed 56k modem, CD Rom drive, and a fresh copy of Windows 95! I remember the first time I entered a chat room, or heard the phrase "You've Got Mail". The days of AOL where beyond belief, we were living in the future. Thanks to a 19 year old developer from Scottland named "Andrea Faulds" you can relive the good old days.

His version of Windows 95 works in any web browser. It uses emscripten which is an emulator that converts C++ code to Javascript. You get all the classic games like solitaire and minesweeper along with everything else that came with Windows 95! To try this out just click the link below to launch it!

via Windows 95 Emscripten

3GB Windows 95 machine?!?! You must be rich. :D

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
it tells you that you may be violating copyright law... I wonder if MS will require him to take it down.

I also use noscript.... so it's not working right kinda a cool idea though.

If MS is worried about this then they have bigger problems!

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Look at all you rich folk. My first PC was a Tandy 1000RL with it's 30Mb HDD and 512Kb of RAM.