[Rumor] Sprint Offers $400 for Switching Carriers & Activating 3 or More Lines

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
sprint-credit-family-offer-rumor.jpeg

Here's a non-Verizon rumor you guys might be interested in. Sprint is pushing very hard to overcome their past negative stigma (that may have been deserved at some point but is no longer, based upon our testing). Besides improving and expanding their network coverage, they have also risen to equal Verizon in customer service and support in recent years. Additionally, they have wisely abandoned their WiMAX 4G network in favor of a 4G LTE network. They are rapidly growing this network and are actually ahead of schedule, sometimes even opening up 4G LTE coverage in areas before they even announce them. Additionally, during this 4G LTE network upgrade, they are taking the extra additional preparatory steps to make sure that when the next level of LTE becomes available in a few years (Advanced-LTE), they will be far ahead of their competitors in activating that higher end service.

It seems they are also taking things to a new level in the marketing department as well. If this leaked marketing promo above turns out to be real, they will be offering a pretty ridiculous deal to sign up new families to their service. According to the promo, Sprint may plan to offer $400 dollars of in-store credit toward anything they offer if a new customer signs up for a new Everything Data Share or Simply Everything Data plan with three or more lines. Obviously, this is designed to entice whole families, and is actually quite a brilliant marketing idea. What better way to grab several customers from their competitors at once, than to offer a promotion that can actually save a significant amount of money for a family. And, don't forget that Sprint is still the only "real" Unlimited Data Plan service left, and that is truly unlimited. They have no data caps or speed reductions whatsoever.

There are some restrictions to this deal, and even though it is just a rumor at this point, just in case it becomes real, here is a quote with the full details shown in the pic,

For activating three or more lines on an Everything Data Share or Simply Everything Data plan, Sprint will give you $400 of in-store credit that can be used towards the purchase of "qualifying devices", such as new phones. Your signature under a 2-year contract is required too, and the lines must be active for at least 60 days. The offer will be available in stores only, starting August 19 and running through September 15.

There are more than a few details that we should mention, however. First of all, tablets, USB modems, and accessories do not qualify for the promo. Also, you cannot receive a mail-in rebate should the phone you are getting using the $400 credit be eligible for one. In addition, the credit must be used in full at the time of purchase. But most importantly, one line must be ported in from another carrier that is not affiliated with Sprint. For example, Virgin Mobile, Boost Mobile, and Common Cents Mobile are Sprint subsidiaries and operate on its cellular network.

Source: Android.net via PhoneArena

N4UPD

Reaction score
The only reason they are the only one with unlimited data is that they have to have something to attract customers to their sorry coverage area.I would love to use sprint but if you get away from the interstate you have a paperweight for a phone.

Yonahdad

Reaction score
The only reason they are the only one with unlimited data is that they have to have something to attract customers to their sorry coverage area.I would love to use sprint but if you get away from the interstate you have a paperweight for a phone.

Exactly!!! I was a customer for 8 months before I switch to Verizon. It would take hours for a pix to download(or never at all) or the phone might not ring, but I would know that I missed a call because the person left a voice mail.. I didn't even put up a fight. I gladly paid my ETF to leave.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Interesting. How long ago was this, because FF has editors on staff that have been with Sprint for some time, including one that lives in rural New Mexico, and they do not experience these problems at all. Could it be that your experience was several years ago, and things have changed since then?

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
What LTE devices does Sprint have besides the Galaxy Nexus ? Looks kind of attractive, especially since my sister wants to get the GS3 (and risk getting us into that stupid Share Everything Plan). I live in Manhattan, so I probably won't have to worry about spotty coverage..

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Interesting. How long ago was this, because FF has editors on staff that have been with Sprint for some time, including one that lives in rural New Mexico, and they do not experience these problems at all. Could it be that your experience was several years ago, and things have changed since then?

Come over to my house (we'll have party), and I'll invite all my family (who has Sprint), and you can see just how true it is. Or, you can talk to my brother over the phone, and hear Sprints amazing call quality.

I'm sure the editors do have nice Sprint coverage, and I'm sure Sprint has some great coverage in some areas (just like any carrier). but, in my experience, in my neck of woods with family, and what not, it's awful. I've had some family purposely leave Sprint, because of it. The only reason most of my family keeps it is because, well they're cheap, or they believe they're getting this amazing deal, and that "it's a cell phone so it's supposed to be spotty/slow".

So, for me Sprint is the last carrier I'd ever touch. Maybe in a few years after their network revision is over, but now as far as I'm concern they're a waste of money.

Last edited:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
sprints coverage is not on par with vzw. I have co-workers who sprint was going to send them network extenders to keep them with them. Vzw has the hammer because they have the most coverage hands down. Sprint just has more non contract carriers feeding off their network (virgin mobile and boost mobile).

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
you save on sprint but for me it was not worth the drops. There is a gap between vzw and the next carrier att then sprint and tmobile as far as network reliability. With that said it all depends on where you live. If you and your family are able to do just fine on sprint then by all means save the money.

Yonahdad

Reaction score

I switched to Verizon, Jan 2011

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Come over to my house (we'll have party), and I'll invite all my family (who has Sprint), and you can see just how true it is. Or, you can talk to my brother over the phone, and hear Sprints amazing call quality.

I'm sure the editors do have nice Sprint coverage, and I'm sure Sprint has some great coverage in some areas (just like any carrier). but, in my experience, in my neck of woods with family, and what not, it's awful. I've had some family purposely leave Sprint, because of it. The only reason most of my family keeps it is because, well they're cheap, or they believe they're getting this amazing deal, and that "it's a cell phone so it's supposed to be spotty/slow".

So, for me Sprint is the last carrier I'd ever touch. Maybe in a few years after their network revision is over, but now as far as I'm concern they're a waste of money.

Gotcha. Thanks for you perspective. It may be true that Sprint works better or worse in some areas compared to others, but the same could be said for any of the carriers. That does not mean that Sprint's service is poor nationwide... just in your area. We will have to respectfully disagree on this one. ;)

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Gotcha. Thanks for you perspective. It may be true that Sprint works better or worse in some areas compared to others, but the same could be said for any of the carriers. That does not mean that Sprint's service is poor nationwide... just in your area. We will have to respectfully disagree on this one. ;)

Does this mean I have to cancel the party? :sad:

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
I would jump all over this if I didn't have 1 more year on my contract left with Verizon. Sure Verizon may have better reception overall, but the area I live in gets me horrible reception constantly. No 4G here (or any sign of it coming soon) so if anything, switching to Sprint would probably be an improvement (my signal here really is bad).