Ruby Being Released Today - Thank you EVERYONE for the Support!!

sniffle

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.ccroms.net
ruby2.jpg

Some of you are familiar with Sapphire, for the Motorola Droid, cvpcs - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

We're working on building it for the Incredible as well.

Here's what is going on with us on the ruby front.

Rob_Stemen has gracefully been testing all builds of ruby to this point on his dad's incredible and will continue to help with the testing from here on out as long as he can.

but,

The process of ruby's development has been very slow, due to CVPCS being unable to use rapid development techniques.

It's a matter of math each build takes 45min-1hour, then uploading takes 10 min or so to upload, then we have to get in touch with rob_stemen and ask him to try the new build time on his dad's phone:time unknown, then he has to flash 5 min, then feedback: time unknown

adding it up:

we'll assume 30 min to get in touch with rob_stemen and 15 min for feedback

per build
45 min - build
10 min - upload
30 min - getting in touch
5 min - flashing
15 min - feedabck
-------
105 min
or
1hr 45 min

cvpcs alone... 50 min build & flash... less than half the time!

here's the solution, cvpcs needs an incredible to get the ball rolling for you incredible people out there.

before everyone goes, OH NO! another person asking for money to buy a phone. Here is a good faith gesture:

[video=youtube;X4vRL18v7dk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4vRL18v7dk[/video]

Link to current Alpha builds use at your own risk!!! Index of /ruby/froyo/0.9.6/test (alpha 1,2 and 3 do NOT start dalvik thus do not fully boot) if you brick your phone we are not responsible

due to the time it takes to develop it will most likely never get to the level of completion sapphire is at, UNLESS we get cvpcs a phone.

follow the link to donate Donate | Crystal Clear Roms
or
donate to: [email protected] via paypal (these links are SPECIFICALLY for the incredible and go to the same place.)

Once we have an incredible, our next move will be an HTC EVO, then on to the Samsung Galaxy S series, we MAY get a Nexus One but since they are no longer for sale it will be at the discretion of money and phone availability.

TLDR: donate to the to the "get cvpcs an incredible fund" so that we can get ruby out to you guys asap

Running total: $356.00 - minus paypal's fees $341.25
Thank you list(mention your forum username in the comments)
Kellex of Droid-Life.com
PDroid
Richard Goodin
Doug_Piston
cbushnell
justin82
tns2010
eclsnowman
Caelum Bound
bcserl
lowbar
David Meyers
Tim Gabaree
medicnj
Gene Lege
Amy West
shortbus
phanlg
barry
Rovert1214
C3PIO
YankInDaSouth

link to the phone bought - HTC Incredible - Cracked Screen - Works Perfectly - eBay (item 120605717686 end time Aug-06-10 17:53:38 PDT)

update: proof of life as someone else said, touch events work :) enjoy the video.
[video=youtube;bd6t7jvT2ok]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd6t7jvT2ok[/video]

Last edited:

wingdo

Reaction score
Once we have an incredible, our next move will be an HTC EVO, then on to the Samsung Galaxy S series, we MAY get a Nexus One but since they are no longer for sale it will be at the discretion of money and phone availability.

TLDR: donate to the to the "get cvpcs an incredible fund" so that we can get ruby out to you guys asap

I may have to donate for Ruby too just so I can see a port for the EVO which may be my next phone if Moto keeps screwing around with locked bootloaders.

OP
S

sniffle

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.ccroms.net
if you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask, i will answer as upfront and honestly as i can

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Why am i left out of this loop Todd!!!????

J/K.. :p

I'll donate and help if ya need it. Thanks for still working on it.

OP
S

sniffle

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.ccroms.net
Why am i left out of this loop Todd!!!????

J/K.. :p

I'll donate and help if ya need it. Thanks for still working on it.

i thought you disappeared, it's been a while since we had heard form you... also cvpcs is having hell trying to figure out why /data isn't mounting and dalvik isn't starting... debugging that over the internet has lead to asking for help getting him one... because without it, it will take forever to get anything done.

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
LOL. I'm always around. Returned the X and kept the dinc. And I thought you guys had shelved the idea.

Anyways no worries, glad to hear it is still going on.

Anywho we have the leaked .32 kernel from VZW and from my understanding it has been pretty much fail to port over. Something with the drivers. I haven't touched myself but I can ask the guys who have about it.

Also most of the 2.2 roms out there are running with bits of the leak in it but to do that you have to update to the newer radio.

Last edited:
OP
S

sniffle

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.ccroms.net
gtalk coming your way :)

i need links to discussions about possible problems people arer running into... if they are trying to build from source...

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
This should be getting alot more attention then this. Help the man people. They did great work with the Droid. The more choices we have in builds the better the community is.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I may have to donate for Ruby too just so I can see a port for the EVO which may be my next phone if Moto keeps screwing around with locked bootloaders.
off-topic but a couple sources have said that the bootloader on the Moto Droid Pro/WE will NOT be locked down..

back on topic : )

OP
S

sniffle

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.ccroms.net
if tyhe bootloader really is unlocked then it will be added to the list... we are wanting to release to every phone we can.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
off-topic but a couple sources have said that the bootloader on the Moto Droid Pro/WE will NOT be locked down..

back on topic : )

sorry for more off-topic but if that's true, that's my next phone, done.

on-topic: donation sent. :)

cvpcs

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
hey everyone i just wanted to put a thank you out to those who have donated so far. we haven't gotten enough to get a phone yet but i really appreciate the generosity thus far :)

regardless of whether this works or not i'm going to do my best to get ruby out, but i asked sniffle to put a donation campaign together because tbh, it is simply getting too frustrating to develop on something i can't physically see/poke/prod >< haha.

for instance: i may want to test if a 1-line code change fixes the boot issue, but to do that i must recompile the source, redistribute it, and wait for the redistribution. in total this leads to testing 1-to-2 changes per day.

if i were to have a device, i could just change the file and flash it myself, which would take less than a minute.

it is for this reason that after fussing around with it for nearly two weeks in this slow-going fashion, i have finally yielded to the need to actually have the device

i will continue my work without for now but i just wanted to put a thank you out to all of those who are helping out for the cause :) it really means a lot to me and i will guarantee the best product i can give you in return ^.^

bgill55

Silver Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
any Donation I get from DE port will go to this cause!!!