rubiX Focused 1.9.5

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Screenshot at bottom credit to Sephtin!

Check out the review by Blair at GizmoNinja! http://www.gizmoninja.com/2010/10/1...12202010-sneak-peak-of-new-rubix-rom-release/

Merry Christmas to all my followers and supporters!! Even though there weren't 200 followers for my brothers twitter I figure'd i'd still spread the christmas cheer..

YOU MUST BE ON 2.3.340 OTA FOR THIS TO WORK

IF YOU USED THE NEW SCRIPT, YOU MUST REBOOT AFTER INSTALL AND INITIAL SETUP
This script runs on first boot to scan the SDCard rubiX Folder for apps. If they are there, it copies them to /data/app and corrects their permissions. Reboot for this to take effect.

YOU MUST wipe data before install. You CANNOT come from previous rubiX Focused and expect to not boot loop.

Changelog from 1.9.0:
  • Switched base to GummyJar (Credit Kejar)
  • Full firstboot functionality.
  • AOSP Settings Menu (No Compass Calibrate/Battery Manager. For Battery Info, check out About Phone/Battery Use)
  • GB Keyboard with working size (cause size does matter ;) )
  • Theme by Mycahya
  • Working 3G HotSpot
  • Phone as Modem/USB Tether Option (Instructions stored in rubiX Folder on your SDCard)
  • AOSP Lock screen instead of themed Moto tabs!
  • Lockscreen pattern no longer on a timer.
    [*]Market Apps installed to Data Partition
    [*]This Includes:
  • Maps
  • Gmail
  • Voice Search
  • YouTube
  • ADW Launcher
  • Street View
  • Spare Parts
  • Adobe Flash Player
  • DL Crutch Lite (For Browser Downloads)
  • Tweaks adjusted
  • File Manager (Credit to Cyanogen)
Gingerbread Parts: (Credit to Pete)
  • Launcher 2
  • Gallery 3D
  • Alarm Clock
  • Desk Clock
  • Microbes LWP (from the Nexus S Dump)

SCRIPTS: Credit to Fabulous, JRummy, Sephtin and myself.
adblock: block or view ads
apps: run the script for directions. If you choose restore, you must reboot after for it to take effect
backup: backs up all of your user apps. backup -bk is the correct way to run the script
calc: remove/restore the calculator
carhome: remove/restore the car home launcher
dxeye: remove/restore the DX LWP Please note that this is removed by default, and placed in /data/rubix run the script to restore.
email: remove/restore the email app
fixperm: fixes permissions (credit Koush)
genie: remove/restore the news/weather app
lowvolt: runs my low volt script. NOTE that I do not have the oc module or script included in this. The one I have is outdated.
office: remove/restore QuickOffice: Please note that this is removed by default, and placed in /data/rubix run the script to restore.
sys: write the system read/only (-ro) or read/write (-rw)
zipalign_apks: zipaligns all the apps in system. Unnecessary since this is ran on every boot!

Download:
http://bit.ly/hU5P90

mirror:
http://bit.ly/hsn16I

Themed with a custom rubiX Theme by Mycahya!

Stock Gingerbread theme:
http://bit.ly/hHzae0

mirror:
http://bit.ly/fPKJqu

How to install:
Download
Place on SDCard
Bootstrap Recovery via Bootstrap App
Reboot to Clockwork Mod Recovery
Wipe data/factory reset
Select install from sdcard
Choose zip from sdcard
select rubiXFocused1.9.5.zip or rubiXFocused1.9.5themed.zip (whichever you downloaded)
Select yes
Reboot
Enjoy!

If you like my work, please support my red bull addiction! (A little behind on bills this month.. any help would be amazing!)
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=TYYWQBR78DW7U

Last edited:

justreboot

Reaction score
Will give it a go / I keep flipping ROMs as often as I change my socks... I have way too many socks too... :)

My current setup as of today (subject to change)...
--

Trong

Reaction score
Lol at one of the downloads going 8.8 KB/s. Looking forward to installing drod. Will be donating later tonight (granted it doesn't destroy my phone).

Is the stock GB one a full ROM? Or do we have to apply the original one first, then apply the theme?

EvilDobe

Reaction score
Holy needs a mirror. ROM DL time: 1 day left. GB theme.. 4hrs.

If this is anything like 1.9 it'll be worth the wait.

Reaction score
Lol at one of the downloads going 8.8 KB/s. Looking forward to installing drod. Will be donating later tonight (granted it doesn't destroy my phone).

Is the stock GB one a full ROM? Or do we have to apply the original one first, then apply the theme?

the files are both about 107MB so I assume one is themed and one is stock GB.

vzninja

Reaction score
Do you need to be on the latest DX OTA for this?

Also, does this transition animations?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
D

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

Stock gb is a full rom as well

kyle4040

Reaction score
Only have 9 MB's left to download and went the ETA from 2 minutes to 27 +minutes :(

Trong

Reaction score

the files are both about 107MB so I assume one is themed and one is stock GB.
Alright, yeah I was thinking the same thing. Once it's done downloading, I'll just install the stock theme first and report back.

EDIT: drod confirmed, thanks!