rubiX Blurry Bread

mikey4226

Reaction score
One issue I seem to be having is Vignette seems to cause the phone to reboot if I try to take a picture. Is there any fix for this or am I forced to use the blur camera app?.

That has nothing to do with Rubix or GB. It was a problem with Vignette on the new GB leak. They just updated the app which fixes this problem. Download the newest release and you'll be good to go.

Awesome, thank you!

OnMy2ndGP

Reaction score
Any idea if this ROM will work on the new 4.5.588 leak?

DroidX Gingerbread 2.3.3(4.5.588) Install Patch with Root

Great minds think alike.....doing a Nandroid as I type. Then I'll flash this on top of .588. Reporting back in a few.

EDIT:

Success! I even installed GingerComb too. Only issue I had was GMail & Google Search f/c'ed. The easy fix was to uninstall both apps and then reinstall them. All is well on my DX.

Last edited:

OnMy2ndGP

Reaction score
Remember, this is the older version 4.5.573

This version of rubix Blurry Bread will take you back to the 4.5.573 (older) version of GB!

teh_g

Reaction score
Yeah, if you install this over the "official" Gingerbread, it will take you back to the older version.

mikey4226

Reaction score
Is there an advantage of blurrybread over the new 4.5.588 leak in terms of performance? I thought I remember reading that the new version was slightly faster and more stable than the 4.5.573 version.

jdhas

Reaction score
Is there an advantage of blurrybread over the new 4.5.588 leak in terms of performance? I thought I remember reading that the new version was slightly faster and more stable than the 4.5.573 version.

The 588 leak is SIGNIFICANTLY faster, smoother, and more stable than the old leak. You can always flash back of you don't like it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

marcfogel

Reaction score

I was running BlurryBread and then moved to 4.5.588 and it is fast. Glad I did. As of today, all new ROMS will be based on it anyway.

inssane

Reaction score
Anyone have totally random reboots?
Tried different kernels, 1000stock to 1350 and all do this at different voltages.

Also no sound on video playback or audio playback, ie Tunewiki and self made videos on phone.

Any advice? I don't want to keep switching, restoring data is an issue with GB and my phone, so I am tired of resetting everything after another wipe.
N

Reaction score
Sweet, thanks Drod, can't wait to try it out, I'm still using Rubix Focused 2.0.1, and I love it. So as soon as I decide to flash the GB leak, this will be the first ROM I try!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

madjokeer

Reaction score

The 588 leak is SIGNIFICANTLY faster, smoother, and more stable than the old leak. You can always flash back of you don't like it.

agreed.. i did battery calibration (dl'ed from market) and wow gone 20 hrs without charge + navi for like an hr + slacker for an hr + email/internet for 4+ hrs and on the phone for totaling an 1hr.. and the result for the day was @ 20% batt

madjokeer

Reaction score
Anyone have totally random reboots?
Tried different kernels, 1000stock to 1350 and all do this at different voltages.

Also no sound on video playback or audio playback, ie Tunewiki and self made videos on phone.

Any advice? I don't want to keep switching, restoring data is an issue with GB and my phone, so I am tired of resetting everything after another wipe.
N

not sure about ur problem.. many solutions can be solved by data/factory wipe, etc.. but about your data.. you can backup up by Astro backup (found on market) or you can use App List Backup(very nice!!).. does a wonderful job keeping all you programs you want.. and i have not had issues with restoring then force crashes, etc..

db306

Reaction score
Is this compatible with the. 588 leak?