[ROM] ZombieStomped 1.6 (.591 D2 GB Motoblur build)

bigsnack

Reaction score
So, from all the research I did yesterday the gmail app from the latest Nexus S builds is the better working, app with the bugs fixed. How can I go about having that version of the app installed on this rom, and where can I get the apk for that matter. Thanks.

Dabrador

Reaction score
Random Reboot

I just started getting some random reboots when the phone is plugged in and fully charged. This is especially an issue when the phone is in the dock at night. After the reboot, the night clock disappears and the alarm settings are cancelled.

Any fix?

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
So, from all the research I did yesterday the gmail app from the latest Nexus S builds is the better working, app with the bugs fixed. How can I go about having that version of the app installed on this rom, and where can I get the apk for that matter. Thanks.

Depending on any dependencies it may have on the ROM it is a part of, you can often simply pull the gmail.apk from the other ROM and replace the one in this ROM with it using Root Explorer...not sure if there are any issues that might make it more complicated than that.

What is it about the Gmail app in this ROM that needs fixing, I haven't seen any issues in my use.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just started getting some random reboots when the phone is plugged in and fully charged. This is especially an issue when the phone is in the dock at night. After the reboot, the night clock disappears and the alarm settings are cancelled.

Any fix?

Never seen anything like this - my phone is on a dock at work and all night at home, and often in the evening and I've never seen anything like this.

If you installed any recent apps, uninstall them and see if it persists.

You could try going into CW recover and wiping you Cache and also the Dalvik cache.

bigsnack

Reaction score

Depending on any dependencies it may have on the ROM it is a part of, you can often simply pull the gmail.apk from the other ROM and replace the one in this ROM with it using Root Explorer...not sure if there are any issues that might make it more complicated than that.

What is it about the Gmail app in this ROM that needs fixing, I haven't seen any issues in my use.

I forget of the top of my head but 2.3.3(on some devices) and 2.3.4 if I am not mistaken offers many security and other bug fixes that make the gmail app even better.

graphitedv

Reaction score

Any fix?

Uninstall Bump if you have it installed. Know GB issues...

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score

I forget of the top of my head but 2.3.3(on some devices) and 2.3.4 if I am not mistaken offers many security and other bug fixes that make the gmail app even better.

The current Gmail Market version is 2.3.4.1...maybe what's available already has all the fixes you're interested in.

xenokira

Reaction score
My fiancee is also having issues with reboots on plug in. I'll have her uninstall bump and report back.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Syraz

Reaction score
Want to try this out, but curious is battery life better then the stock gb leak, that one seemed to drain my battery like crazy

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
In general I've found battery life to be worse on the GB leak than on the Froyo ROMs I was running (Apex, primarily)...but I'm not sure how much it's actually changed, as this ROM has greatly increased my use of my phone, due mostly to the much improved Blur social media widgets/integration.

But I would not expect as good battery life as Froyo overall, from my experience. However, I think the tradeoff is well worth it for me...I won't be going back to Froyo, period.

Installed the new Netflix app tonight and streaming away. :D

Dabrador

Reaction score

Any fix?

You could try going into CW recover and wiping you Cache and also the Dalvik cache.

This seems to have fixed the problem...thanks red!