[ROM] [ROM] ZombieStomped 1.7 (.595 D2 GB Motoblur build)

Skidoo03

Reaction score
So I just tried to flash it but I was sent into a bootloop, I followed the instructions on the op and nothing so I had to sbf :/ any ideas?

hassan_ars

Reaction score
Ive been out of the loop for a while, but ive been on zombie stomped since like may when it came out (mostly for the battery life and blur)...did the droid 2 get a gingerbread OTA update that I didnt know about? I realize i would have to go back to stock to get it, but I figured I would have heard about it if it did.

Skidoo03

Reaction score
Ok... I'm starting to feel a little stupid. Was I not supposed to be on gingerbread when I flashed this?

hassan_ars

Reaction score
you should be on the old gingerbread leak to flash this rom. if you got an official OTA gingerbread update (which i didnt even know existed) then im not sure if it will work.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Skidoo03

Reaction score
I'm sorta confused so here is what I did. I sbf'd back to froyo, recieved the ota gingerbread update, rooted, put the files onto my sd card, installed them, rebooted into a bootloop. Any idea what I did wrong?

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I guess it worked on the dx ota (according to brad), but it may only work on the gb leak on our d2, I'm not sure. After receiving the ota and rooting it did you,
Bootstrap into recovery?
Wipe data?
Wipe cache?
Wipe dalvik?
Install the zs rom zip?
Then install the zs data zip? (you need to install one after the other in this order)
Then reboot.
If it's gonna work on the ota, it would work after doing the above.
If you still bootlooped, it may only work on the monster leak.

Also you don't want to flash the customizer update either. It doesn't play well for some reason.

Skidoo03

Reaction score
Yep, I wiped all three then I installed the rom zip, then wiped data (like it says) then installed the rom data and rebooted. I didn't flash the customizer update either.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Odd. Then it should have worked. Unless one of the zips were bad (its always a possibility :)

CM7-11/18

Skidoo03

Reaction score
Hmmm, I'll have to try again tomorrow. :p I know this is a little off topic but I ordered two new batteries and an external wall charger off of Ebay and you don't think there would be a problem using the batteries right (because I'm highly doubting they are OEM and I can't remember what the listing said) like with my phone not recognizing them or anything?

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, I'll have to try again tomorrow. :p I know this is a little off topic but I ordered two new batteries and an external wall charger off of Ebay and you don't think there would be a problem using the batteries right (because I'm highly doubting they are OEM and I can't remember what the listing said) like with my phone not recognizing them or anything?

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Nope, there's no problem. That's what I use. The external charger comes in handy too with sbf'ing.

Boot Manager

Hmong_Xiong

Reaction score
Yay! It works after four tries...so many steps

[ ] Motorola Droid: Miui 1.9.30 (BROKEN)
[ ] Motorola Droid 2: ZombieStomped 1.71
[X] Motorola Xoom: Tiamat 2.2.2

Hmong_Xiong

Reaction score
It worked til I added the bootstrap recovery, than reboot to recovery (bc I forgot to add the custimizer) and than it just got stuck on the boot logo...going back to stock root *sigh*

[ ] Motorola Droid: Miui 1.9.30 (BROKEN)
[ ] Motorola Droid 2: ZombieStomped 1.71
[X] Motorola Xoom: Tiamat 2.2.2

FullMetalGuitar412

Reaction score
I REALLY want to try this ROM, it looks awesome!! I'm currently running Liberty 3 (GB), and although I love Liberty, I'm just curious about this one. Liberty needed to be installed over the OTA GB update. This, however, requires me to use the LEAKED GB update, which, of course, requires me to be on FroYo. So: I assume that I would brick my phone if I tried to flash this ROM over my current one, correct? My friend said he would just flash ROMs over each other, but I don't trust that without multiple people telling me otherwise. Is there ANY way for me to be able to flash this? I've also read that trying to flash true Froyo or a FroYo-based ROM from GB will also brick my phone. Can anyone give me some Flashing help? Because if I can flash any ROM from any other ROM on my phone, I might try a few more just for ****s and giggles.