[ROM] Rumm Rx v1.0 - First dose of awesomeness ;)

sephtin

Reaction score

How can this be true as I am running Tranq 3.5.1 and it still says 320

P3 said so[1]... as per twitter, if you were on .320 and you have tranq 3.5.1, you have .340...

You still don't have the .340 kernel.. but *shrug* supposedly you have .340.

1) P3Droid: "As proof by those who upgraded to TranQ 3.5.1 from the .320 leak, the path to .340 for the X is already done, just saying"

Last edited:

RIGHTEOUS KINGS

Reaction score
Yep, and if anyone is running TranQ 3.5.1 they already have the .340 build

P3 said so... as per twitter, if you were on .320 and you have tranq 3.5.1, you have .340...

Well I know its not the OTA update but it would have been nice to have madden

detox

Reaction score

P3 said so... as per twitter, if you were on .320 and you have tranq 3.5.1, you have .340...

Well I know its not the OTA update but it would have been nice to have madden

Had 3.5.1 and no madden. You have to flash the system sbf for 2.3.340 to get madden or do the ota

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

detox

Reaction score
Let me correct my last post. If you can find the madden apk you can install. I have it on rubiX 1.9.0 running TBHs leak

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Crispityyy

Reaction score
Sooo...
What would be the easiest process to upgrade to the new "official" 2.2.1 (system 2.3.340) while still running this ROM?? ....or is that not possible? :icon_eek:

Joshw0000

Reaction score
Can you provide a link to the madden.apk

It's not worth your time. I grabbed the update.zip off droid x forums and pulled the madden apk from it. After you install it, it requires another huge download. And when you finally play it, you only get about 2 minutes of play time. Basically, you kick the ball off and block the other team. If you manage to force a punt you MIGHT have time to score a TD. The trials ends after the first quarter. You must pay for the full version. Save your time and internal memory for something better.

jimisbell

Reaction score
I just read this entire thread to see if I missed anything. I didnt. BUT...I notice a lot of people that have problems. I am just a simpleton so maybe thats why I dont have any problems, other than trying to use an early Clockwork Restore that didnt work with the DX. But after that was replaced with bootstrap I loaded 1.0 and have been happy ever since. No problems and everything works. But I just followed instructions for 2.3.15.

I do have a couple of questions however.

Is it intended, or can I change it somehow, so that instead of booting to a menu that I then have to push the camera release to move on, maybe I could just boot right into the logo?

Is sbf a verb or a noun, it seems to be used interchangeably?

sephtin

Reaction score
... Is sbf a verb or a noun, it seems to be used interchangeably?

Sorry for skipping your important questions for the easy one.. ;)

sbf is an easy way to refer to doing the system restore that uses/takes an .sbf file.
Used as a verb, it refers to the process of restoring using the .sbf file, and noun being the .sbf file itself (usually).. :)

Honestly, my only reason for posting, is to tell you what a great question it is!

GrandMasterB

Reaction score
Did anyone try loading this over the OTA .340 and if you did, was it successful?

If I remember right RX formats and installs the sytem itself so even if it did install, and I think it would install fine, you would be replacing new system files with old ones.

GMB

jimisbell

Reaction score
Help!!!!!

OOOOps!!

I hope I didnt kill it.

I was trying to switch from JRummy 1.0 to Ultimate Droid. I selected the entry from the menu that says something to the effect that I want to install a zip from the SD Card.

I selected that choice and then after a while I got the menu back and rebooted.

That gave me the RUMMY logo for a looooong time then it automatically rebooted again and now it is in a loop of rebooting RUMMY then "DROID" then the red eye, but it starts as a brown eye then turns to a red eye than back to DROID....just keeps recycling. The only way to stop it is to pop out the battery.

Did I kill it or is there a way out!!!!

Last edited:

GrandMasterB

Reaction score
OOOOps!!

I hope I didnt kill it.

I was trying to switch from JRummy 1.0 to Ultimate Droid. I selected the entry from the menu that says something to the effect that I want to install a zip from the SD Card.

I selected that choice and then after a while I got the menu back and rebooted.

That gave me the RUMMY logo for a looooong time then it automatically rebooted again and now it is in a loop of rebooting RUMMY then "DROID" then the red eye, but it starts as a brown eye then turns to a red eye than back to DROID....just keeps recycling.

Did I kill it or is there a way out!!!!

Its boot looping. Thats good because you can fix it. Pull the battery and replace it. Hold the "Home" button while powering up and then press the "search" button after you see the /!\. Wipe DATA and CACHE and reboot.

GMB

jimisbell

Reaction score
Thank God, My wife would have gone to jail for what she would have done to me if I trashed a $400 cell phone. Its doing something now with what seems like an eternal RUMMY logo/

Barkleyfan

Reaction score
Thank God, My wife would have gone to jail for what she would have done to me if I trashed a $400 cell phone. Its doing something now with what seems like an eternal RUMMY logo/

First boot on a rom usually takes a while. Get familiar with flashing SBF. There are some bootloops that can't be fixed any other way.