Just an fyi... [ROM] rubiX Focused 1.8.9/1.9.3 worked on my D2

droidzforlife

Beta Alpha Delta Omega 3!
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
[ROM] rubiX Focused 1.9.0 Leak/Non-Leak by Drod2169 will also work on your Droid2 along with...

[THEME] Black Juice v4 for rubiX Focused 1.9.0 by Juicemane

[ROM] Rumm Rx v1.0 - First dose of awesomeness ;) by jrummy16

FIRST AND FOREMOST I MUST REMIND YOU THAT YOU ARE DOWNLOADING AND FLASHING "YOUR" DEVICE AT YOUR OWN WILL AND BY CLICKING ANYTHING IN THIS THREAD YOUR STATING THAT YOU AGREE TO NOT BLAME ANYBODY EXCEPT YOUR OWN ASS FOR NOT DOING ENOUGH RESEARCH BEFORE HAND...

Please thank these developers for their efforts and time spent to make our devices sick as hell.

Just treat it as any other D2 Rom or follow the link instructions that apply to the ROM your about to flash:

1. Bootstrap recovery
2. Reboot recovery
DO A NANDROID BACKUP!(Optional but recommended!)
4. Wipe data & cache
5. Mount system and mount data
6. Install zip from sd card
7. Reboot Phone

Please let me know of any bugs you come to find besides the top row on the device keyboard not working correctly and the version warning pop up when using Swype so I can attempt to fix these minor issues and expand our limited library of custom ROM's !

Thank you,

DroidzforLife:yeahbaby01:
There is a "Extras.zip" for these DX Rom's a few post's down.....

[video=youtube;vlaHk8_Fmpo]http://youtu.be/vlaHk8_Fmpo"]Rumm Rx on my DROID 2....[/video]

[video=youtube;vlaHk8_Fmpo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlaHk8_Fmpo[/video]

Last edited:

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
lol what on earth compelled u to try this

bookie

Reaction score
I did the same thing by accident the first time I flashed a rom. I had no idea rubix was for the dx and had no problems lol. Also a friend of mine with a dx flashed squid and only had minor problems. I dunno that I'd do it on purpose though

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

mikeyinid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
This rom is a made for the DroidX. I just wanted to try and flash it to see what would happen and what do you know it worked just fine.

Could somebody explain this to me? If this works on other roms then we could have just expanded the D2 rom library a bit...

Here is the link to the rubiX Focused thread where I found my download...

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/drod2169-x/99143-rubix-focused-1-8-9-1-9-3-a.html

I have also established that [ROM] Rumm Rx v 1.0 works on my Droid2... http://www.droidforums.net/forum/jrummy-x/101175-rom-rumm-rx-v1-0-first-dose-awesomeness.html

Youtube link.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlaHk8_Fmpo

Dude! Im gettin a new D2 this week anyway and Im feeling a little adventurous :D

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
That's awesome. Only problem I would see is swype probably wont work but there are ways to fix that. Also a few of the dx roms are currently getting ported to the d2, so all of the little bugs should be fixed.

mikeyinid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
That's awesome. Only problem I would see is swype probably wont work but there are ways to fix that. Also a few of the dx roms are currently getting ported to the d2, so all of the little bugs should be fixed.

Swype does not work, gives error saying its not meant for the device.The DX apk would fix that :) Also, the physical keyboard acts goofy when you hit alt. and alt. lock, but thats all ive found wrong. F.M. radio even works

OP
droidzforlife

droidzforlife

Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Yeah I noticed the hardware keyboard's top row doesnt give the correct info but I have been using Rumm Rx all day without any issues...

mikeyinid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
!!!! I GOT THE KEYBOARD 100% WORKING ON BOTH OF THESE ROMS !!!
Im trying to figure the camera out, and I will definitly be running one of these on my D2 :D
*And I got swype working on them too....
**Does anyone know a fix for camera and video? I know it has to do with the hd video on the DX

Last edited:
OP
droidzforlife

droidzforlife

Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Im trying to figure the camera out, and I will definitly be running one of these on my D2 :D
**Does anyone know a fix for camera and video? I know it has to do with the hd video on the DX

I think the camera will work if you change the max mega pixels from 8 to 5 in the build prop but let me know if not.

mikeyinid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

I think the camera will work if you change the max mega pixels from 8 to 5 in the build prop but let me know if not.

I got camera working, and i think i got video playback working, but no video camera