[ROM] [Rom] Newts OnE XxX beta (Sense 4 ICS 4.0.3) 4/2/2012

toastofchaos

Reaction score
Pretty decent rom so far, but

It seems to be having a lot of lag issues where i press a button and it DOES respond but it simply doesn't show up on the screen the correct way. So I tend to have to press things three times to get them to work properly. For example: I press the menu button while on the home screen and it doesn't do anything except make a noise. Then I press it again and the menu does pop up, but it's actually not there anymore so I end up pressing whatever is behind that imaginary menu. But then I press the menu button a third time and it shows the menu but it's all greyed out and not fully opaque(so it is hard to see), but i can press the buttons of that menu and they'll work. And the menu button is not an isolated issue, it's like that with many different buttons and menus in nearly all apps. I wonder what the deal is. Anyone else got this?

toastofchaos

Reaction score
And another thing

For some reason I can't seem to get into bootloader mode anymore (turning on the phone whilst holding volume down). I'll sit there and do it for at least 30 seconds wondering what the hell is going on. It always seems to insist on booting up regularly. But i want to try reinstalling the rom after wiping dalvik, system, and cache several times and doing factory data reset, the whole works. Because the lag issues haven't seen to been cleared up yet. remnants of things that should be closed remain displayed on the screen, not entirely opaque, sometimes opaque, but usually not. I mean it runs smooth if you're patient, but the rom i was running before didn't have the lag even close to this. let me know please if anyone else has had a similar experience.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
It appears a battery pull has made it so I can boot into bootloader mode.

Sounds like you have fastboot on. That will stop you from being able to boot into HBOOT without a battery pull. You can also grab quickboot from the market if you're rooted.

toastofchaos

Reaction score
Sounds like you have fastboot on. That will stop you from being able to boot into HBOOT without a battery pull. You can also grab quickboot from the market if you're rooted.
What does quickboot do for me? So basically should I have fastboot turned off when I'm changing roms or reinstalling roms? Also, I just wiped dalvik, system, and cache and did a factory data reset, re-flashed the rom, but failed re-flashing the boot.img due to low battery. Tried to boot the phone anyways. It is back to doing the bootlooping so I assume I need to flash the old firmware patch each time i install a new rom or reinstall the same one. And well, of course, re-flash the boot.img for sense 4.0. (for this rom at least).

edit: and yes I am rooted so I should probably grab the app you're talking about and just see for myself. I assume it'll just let me boot into bootloader while the phone is still on or something awesome like that. (without having to turn off first or pull battery first)

toastofchaos

Reaction score
I heard something about forcing GPU rendering on a thread for a different ICS rom and they were talking about blue flickers. Well I get a lot of RED flickers on this rom... perhaps I should try to force GPU rendering like they did because it said it solved their issues.

toastofchaos

Reaction score
I heard something about forcing GPU rendering on a thread for a different ICS rom and they were talking about blue flickers. Well I get a lot of RED flickers on this rom... perhaps I should try to force GPU rendering like they did because it said it solved their issues.
It actually would seem to be that force GPU rendering is on by default and it was performing that way. I disabled it and I am testing it out right now. It surprisingly seems better without forced GPU rendering. Will keep in touch.

toastofchaos

Reaction score
It would also seem that forcing GPU rendering and enabling strict mode seem to actually work the best so far to get rid of these visual artifacts and semi-transparent remnants of old menus or applications.

toastofchaos

Reaction score
I bet you're probably getting tired of me by now, but uh... How do I tell if beats is working? Seems like it is because the audio quality is great. But I can't know for sure without that notification like it used to be.

edit: Ok it is different, the beats audio is an enhance in the menu for music. I found it. The top right menu when music is playing. It has several different sound enhancers but only beats is enabled by default.

hoboX10

Reaction score
toast you should come to mik forums for discussion about the rom, as that's where the creator handles it.

jonpearson

Reaction score
Since my Rezound and pc don't play nice with eachother I can't have this beautiful Rom

spindizzy

Reaction score
Is it possible to have this for the Thunderbolt? I have downloaded it and flashed it but I get an error and have to reboot back into SOAB which is my daily driver. I would gladly donate if there is something that can be done. I really like the new camera for 4.0. I use the camera on my phone more than my sony cyber shot. Any information would be appreciated. And I thank you and all of the other DEV. for there hard work helping us keep our phones up to date and with options.